cheap polyairs

Submitted: Thursday, Aug 14, 2003 at 17:15
ThreadID: 6570 Views:1500 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
go to www.truckspring.com - even accounting for exchange rate and freight, much cheaper than polyairs in Sydney and as far as I can see, the same product. Personally I don't know how the Sydney mob can justify $400 for such a simple product...
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Steve - Thursday, Aug 14, 2003 at 22:57

Thursday, Aug 14, 2003 at 22:57
You wouldn't have a clue .. and probably because you have never used them, and have no idea as to how good they really are ...and what if they cost $50 more than some other crap from who knows where ... I'd rather pay a local and stiff him if his product was no good.. those others overseas .. well what would you expect ? I reckon the ones i got in Sydney were the best money i've spent in a long time..
AnswerID: 27970

Follow Up By: pathfinder - Friday, Aug 15, 2003 at 08:26

Friday, Aug 15, 2003 at 08:26
mmm, thanks for the kind feedback Steve. Actually they seem to be an identical product (did you have a look at the photos of the kits) and someone who bought them on another forum reckoned they actually have 'polyair' written on them. The mob in Sydney don't claim to manufacture them; just to put the "kits" together. So I would suggest they are all made in the same place, probably in the US or Asia somewhere. And I have used them, and yes, they are good, but at the end of the day, they're still just poly bags with a bit of airline so someone's making a lot of money somewhere - if you'd actually bothered to check out the website and get your facts straight before mouthing off, you'd see that the difference is not $50, but more like half price...

So Steve, my friend, I would suggest it is you who doesn't have a clue...but if you insist on paying uneccessarily high prices for things in the modern world of international internet trading, go for it. I would prefer to buy locally, but they have to be at least remotely competitive...
FollowupID: 19341

Follow Up By: Member - Rohan K - Friday, Aug 15, 2003 at 13:09

Friday, Aug 15, 2003 at 13:09
Hey pathfinder, don't sweat it. Steve never checks his facts, always mouths off and is always offensive. The rest of us just ignore him now.Smile, you're on ExplorOz
Rohan (Sydney - on the QLD side of the Harbour Bridge)
FollowupID: 19366

Reply By: Andrew - Thursday, Aug 14, 2003 at 23:27

Thursday, Aug 14, 2003 at 23:27
It's tempting though when you see them advertised on the site for my Landcruiser for US $86.75 They are made by Firestone and should be a pretty good brand as Firestone is a huge company. I guess that they would be near $200 shipped to Australia which is still pretty reasonable.
At www.motorcare.com.au they said that Polyairs are available from $250 including GST so if I get my GST rebated, there is not a lot in it.
AnswerID: 27972

Reply By: Jimbo (WA) - Friday, Aug 15, 2003 at 21:45

Friday, Aug 15, 2003 at 21:45
I agree with the sentiments expressed here - except Steve's!

Just paid AU$432.32 for Firestone Ride - Rite air bags for my Hilux. This includes postage, and compares to $895 a mate of mine just paid locally for EXACTLY THE SAME PRODUCT. do the maths Steve, that's LESS than half price!

Ride Rite for HiluxCheers, Jim

"Lead, Follow.....or get out of the way!!"
AnswerID: 28062

Sponsored Links