Camping @ Herveys Range near Townsville

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 08, 2009 at 09:09
ThreadID: 65793 Views:7101 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Image Could Not Be FoundHi All

We've been off line for the last couple of months getting our act together trying to solve a problem. We recieved a couple of MM from EO members bemoaning the lack of overnight camping areas in or near townsville. Yes, Townsville does have carryvan parks but most are located in the 'burbs and not really suited to the bush camper.

So,

We have bitten the bullet in these uncertain times and purchased 3 acres of farm/bush at Herveys Range (25 min west of townsville) complete with 80yo restored farmers cottage (set up as a weekend retreat). What we would like to do (depending on interest) is offer camping at the property to EO members at no cost. We already rent the cottage out occasionally as a weekender but there is still a lot of ground around it. We are developing a camp kitchen and having extra shower and toilet installed over the next few weeks in the shed to accomodate people not staying in the house. At the moment it is dry on the block even though most of the north is under water. I have included a couple of piccies so if anyone is interested it will be available from easter onwards.

Anyone interested?

Image Could Not Be Found
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Alan H (QLD) - Sunday, Feb 08, 2009 at 10:17

Sunday, Feb 08, 2009 at 10:17
A very generous offer that I am sure many will be interested in. It is a great part of the country around there.

Alan
AnswerID: 348120

Reply By: Member - Heather G (NSW) - Sunday, Feb 08, 2009 at 12:33

Sunday, Feb 08, 2009 at 12:33
Sounds wonderful Craig - so generous of you. We had to stay in Townsville last year and the caravan park was busy and very noisy (bordered by highway, railway line, airport!!)
We looked for somewhere quiet to stay near the city but couldnt find anything.
Unfortunately we wont be back up your way this year as we are headed west to SA and WA but it sounds great.
Maybe you could place an 'honesty box' there as I am sure anyone who took advantage of your hospitality would be happy to donate something back. I know we always do if the opportunity exists.
Cheers
Heather G
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. John Muir

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 348142

Reply By: Members-Neil & Margie-Cairns - Sunday, Feb 08, 2009 at 15:52

Sunday, Feb 08, 2009 at 15:52
G'day Craig ,,
yes we would be very interested in using both setups ,, camping mainly , but sometimes its just good to leave the trailer home ,, cottage looks great for every now and then ,, more than happy to pay for camping as well , it costs you , so we'll chip in !!

All the best , Neil & Margie ..

MM when its available !!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 348169

Reply By: Les B (Nth QLD) - Sunday, Feb 08, 2009 at 20:04

Sunday, Feb 08, 2009 at 20:04
That's a great idea Craig, we often visit Townsville and instead of camping in a noisy CP we rent a cabin at extra expense. Honesty box is a good idea.
Les
AnswerID: 348210

Sponsored Links