Kakadu Tour Operators and Businesses Unite.

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 12, 2009 at 19:20
ThreadID: 65917 Views:2549 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Dwanne from the Djabiluka Aboriginal Association has come up with a fantastic Idea, He has asked all the tour operators and businesses to donate there services, he will put this together as a 10 day travel package for 4 people and auction it on Channel Sevens Sunrise program.

There will be air-fairs for 4 adults to Darwin, 10 day car hire, scenic flights, day tours to Jim Jim and Twin Falls ( yours truly) day tours to Arnhemland, accommodation, both Yellow Water and Guluyambi boat tours, Kakadu culture Camp accom and tours, other businesses have given cash that will amount to spending money.

This package will amount to about $15000, all proceeds will go to the Red Cross.

He has all our support, I hope he can cross the Ts and dot the Is, this is our practical way of doing something different to help.

Cheers Steve.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kumunara (NT) - Thursday, Feb 12, 2009 at 21:20

Thursday, Feb 12, 2009 at 21:20
Steve

Brilliant idea.

I hope it comes together. Should raise a substantial amount to help those in need.

Tjilpi
Life's great and it just keeps getting better

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 348788

Reply By: macca56 - Thursday, Feb 12, 2009 at 22:58

Thursday, Feb 12, 2009 at 22:58
As someone who has a friend who has survived and person I know who has not surfaced yet ( fingers crossed!) I am amazed that people having their own issues ( floods etc) have the ability to look down south and try and be there-
what a country!
AnswerID: 348801

Reply By: Member - Crazy Dog (QLD) - Friday, Feb 13, 2009 at 17:49

Friday, Feb 13, 2009 at 17:49
Well done to all the people who put this together to bring a wee bit of "Happy" to someone as a result of the proposed auction...

Onya Steve ...

Grrr!!!
AnswerID: 348898

Follow Up By: Top End Explorer Tours - Friday, Feb 13, 2009 at 19:14

Friday, Feb 13, 2009 at 19:14
G/day my good friend.

Yeah Dwanne is a champ coming up with this idea, These are only Kakadu based businesses.

It would be good to see if other businesses on this site could follow a similar vein, OOps was that a challenge.

As you know Doug is in the back yard and he is behaving himself, he is going back next week, we have extended the invitation for a longer stay, but I think he is happy at Adelaide river.

The new engine is just about ready to go in, just a few little thing to get right.

Cheers Steve.
FollowupID: 617149

Reply By: Dave & Shelley (NT) - Friday, Feb 13, 2009 at 20:32

Friday, Feb 13, 2009 at 20:32
Hi Steve,

This sort of trip sounds pretty good. Hopefully those down south action big time to raise funds. Good work in doing your part in showing off this great part of Australia. How long are you going to spend in the NP and are they looking at Leitchfield with that 10 days???

Good luck and cheers

Dave
AnswerID: 348925

Sponsored Links