climate south

Submitted: Friday, Feb 13, 2009 at 11:05
ThreadID: 65933 Views:1741 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi guys,

I have been planning a trip around OZ for a while now which has taken far longer to get going than i thought.
I will be leaving in a week or two and am heading south from sydney and slowly making my way down along the coast hopefully getting into WA around june/july.
Thing is it has taken longer than i thought and summer will be gone soon. I will be in lower nsw and south oz from now till june, i have never been in these parts before and am wondering how cold it will be in and out of the water?
I surf, snorkel and fish alot and am wondering if i have left my run too late
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Crackles - Friday, Feb 13, 2009 at 11:35

Friday, Feb 13, 2009 at 11:35
6 to 8 weeks of the swimming season left in Vic. After Easter the weather generally turns a bit cold & wet so would want a good wet suit.
Cheers Craig........
AnswerID: 348837

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Friday, Feb 13, 2009 at 13:23

Friday, Feb 13, 2009 at 13:23
Hi Oldsalty
When you are travelling over to the West at that time of the year, make sure that you drop into the Head of The Bight, to see the whales. Well worth the time and the small fee to see them.
Also a good place to fish over that way is Point Sinclair. Follow the signs from Penong to Cactus Beach and keep heading south. The locals at Penong say that this is their top spot to fish. When we were there one fellow caught an 18" whiting within 1 minute of throwing in his line off of the jetty. He said that if he does not get a bite within 5 minutes, he goes home.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 348853

Reply By: wendys - Friday, Feb 13, 2009 at 17:49

Friday, Feb 13, 2009 at 17:49
Southern WA could be rather cold and wet by June/July. We've done a couple of trips across the Nullabor in March/April and explored the southern parts until it got too wintery for us, which was May, both times. Then we headed north.
AnswerID: 348899

Reply By: Motherhen - Friday, Feb 13, 2009 at 20:01

Friday, Feb 13, 2009 at 20:01
Hi Oldsalty

I don't know your time frame, or where you have bee n before, but you can't get better than June in the Kimberley. Would it be better to do a 'figure of eight' through Australia, thus getting into the centre and north during the winter, and the southern areas during summer?

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 348919

Sponsored Links