Adelaide caravan show.

Submitted: Friday, Feb 27, 2009 at 17:08
ThreadID: 66350 Views:2725 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Well just came back from the show and thought i would post my opinion. First impression as you walk from the gate was that it was quite spreed out. Straight away you think the organizers are trying to cover up a bad turn out. Looked around the outside stalls and just found the same old same old. nothing new here so continued in to the pavilion. The new pavilion is quite flash and airy with plenty of room for the displays with out falling over each other, air con had been up dated and it made the hole pavilion more enjoyable.
I didn't think that there were to many if any new vans or camping trailers there, but what was there was presented far better than last year. This i think is because the customers are getting a bit more picky where they spend their cash. I did get a chance to see the Paramount Duet this time and found it to be just another copy of the Windsor Rapid, I didn't think it was finished off any better or worse than the Rapid. It would be who had the best deal at the time i think to which one you would go for.
Food and drinks again seem to be twice the price as normal and then you have to sit under the hot dome and try to enjoy that expensive over heated bad serviced excuse for refreshments.
Over all i think there were 200 hundred more stalls this year but the little bloke with his home made this or that have gone for ever, the prices of the stall sites are only affordable by big business, and even they are cutting down on what their bringing in.
Most so called show specials were in the stall owners heads i think, as a few things i priced two weeks ago from different businesses just to check the prices at the show were the same, and one was even higher. This was a jack on a poll that a jockey wheel can be put on, $285.00 two weeks ago from same place and show special was $315.00. ( I am not naming the jack on purpose) I don't know if this applies to caravans as this is going to be my project for the next show.
Well every year i say that's the last time i am going but every year i still keep going back, I am my own worst enemy I think.
cheers Shane.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Angler - Friday, Feb 27, 2009 at 21:34

Friday, Feb 27, 2009 at 21:34
I have been to just one caravan show and at the time did not realise we had to pay to get in. After all the hassle of getting paying for a park and walking to the show then confronted with what I consider an exorbitant fee just to get in I will never ever go to van show again.

I have yet to pay to go into woolworths or coles stores so why should I pay to go into a van sales area.

People who go to these shows have rocks in their head.

Show deals, ??? as if, prices similar to the eats and drinks. Over priced and under value.

Never again.
AnswerID: 351416

Follow Up By: Krakka - Tuesday, Mar 03, 2009 at 11:51

Tuesday, Mar 03, 2009 at 11:51
I don't have rocks in my head! Name me ONE shop I can go to and see everything on display that is on display at the show?
Regards
Krakka
FollowupID: 620182

Follow Up By: Brew69(SA) - Tuesday, Mar 03, 2009 at 20:42

Tuesday, Mar 03, 2009 at 20:42
Agree krakka.
FollowupID: 620243

Reply By: Garbutt - Saturday, Feb 28, 2009 at 08:29

Saturday, Feb 28, 2009 at 08:29
They are useful if like us you live in the country, you go to the show to compare different products which can all be seen at once. We did this 4 odd years ago when we purchased our camper trailer and are still very happy with our choice.

GB
AnswerID: 351455

Reply By: RV Powerstream P/L - Saturday, Feb 28, 2009 at 11:30

Saturday, Feb 28, 2009 at 11:30
Shows are a way of bringing equipment to the people but the way the promoters are increasing the prices there will be a lot of shows with vacant sites.

One of the better promoters is Rural Scenes Promotions which normally has good support from a variety of product promoters.

Ian

AnswerID: 351474

Follow Up By: bordertrek - Sunday, Mar 01, 2009 at 14:04

Sunday, Mar 01, 2009 at 14:04
All the city expo's have gone this way. The owners of the venue and the show organisers are the winners here. Stalls can cost a business up to 30 grand just for one weekend!
Go the country field days!
FollowupID: 619868

Reply By: Gramps - Saturday, Feb 28, 2009 at 12:08

Saturday, Feb 28, 2009 at 12:08
Luckily there's a Show each year at Penrith (in Sydney's west) that a lot of the exhibitors from the monster at Rosehill attend. The difference being that parking is FREE (you've just got to find it) and entry is also FREE. Food and drinks, well ..... they've got to make a living.

Can't see any need to attend the ripoff at Rosehill for the foreseeable future.

AnswerID: 351481

Sponsored Links