Holden Jackaroo Battery

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 11, 2009 at 08:15
ThreadID: 66721 Views:3769 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'day I own a '03 Jackaroo and was wondering if any one knew if the dual battery system as standard is compatible with a deep cycle battery. Can I just remove one and put the new one in its place. Any feed back would be appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: MEMBER - Darian (SA) - Wednesday, Mar 11, 2009 at 08:35

Wednesday, Mar 11, 2009 at 08:35
Do you need to change from the standard two cranking batteries setup ? If you are talking about employing an aux battery for driving acccessories, you can put a 700CCA unit (Yuasa do one) into the main (driver's side position) and then opt for any other tyre in the aux position .... but you'll need a controller / isolator in between them. The 700CCa will start it ok, in all but the chilliest situations - might be touch and go in the snow, even with the thinner spec oils. If you don't travel in chilly places, no problems.
AnswerID: 353355

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Wednesday, Mar 11, 2009 at 19:05

Wednesday, Mar 11, 2009 at 19:05
Dual Battery system as standard???

Didn't know the Jackaroo came with a dual battery system.
Just two batteries linked in parallel to provide more grunt for starting in some diesel engine models.

If there is no isolator to keep the two batteries electrically isolated then it is not a dual battery system.

If the two batteries are not isolated from each other you should not mix a starting battery and a deep cycle battery.

Bill

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 353468

Sponsored Links