SOLD

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 11, 2009 at 21:18
ThreadID: 66745 Views:2373 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Sold sign went up on the house today.Not bad, was listed just before christmas.Now we have 17 days to move 15yrs worth of stuff out plus all our animals and birds.
Looks like we will be living in our Tambo for a month and a half, then off on a three month trip.....
We plan to head up to Mungo NP, on to Menindee and Kinchega NP, then up to Tibooburra, out to Camerons corner, up to Innamincka.Plan to head out to Coongie lakes while there.Then up to Birdsville.Thats as far as we plan to go north.Would like to cross the simpson but we will be travelling alone and have a 6 month old bub so will plan on doing that next time.3 months should allow for a relaxed trip and a good get away from Tassies winter.
While away we want to decide wether to close up our business here and hit the road full time or try and juggle work/touring.
So on the above route, what are some "must not miss" places.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Richard W (NSW) - Thursday, Mar 12, 2009 at 06:47

Thursday, Mar 12, 2009 at 06:47
Nick,

Well done.
Big move to sell up and hit the Wallaby.
Mate of mine has done the same thing and is currently travelling around Australia. Have met a few couples out and about doing the same thing.
Have fun.
AnswerID: 353537

Reply By: Member - Kiwi Kia - Thursday, Mar 12, 2009 at 08:16

Thursday, Mar 12, 2009 at 08:16
The 'must see' is the feel and smell of the countryside. In other words stop and walk around as often as you can. I think to many people drive & drive & drive some more. Go to the visitor centres and talk to the locals, there's heaps to see and 'feel'.

AnswerID: 353543

Reply By: Member Brian (Gold Coast) - Thursday, Mar 12, 2009 at 08:24

Thursday, Mar 12, 2009 at 08:24
I agree with Kiwi Kia..... every little town has a certain "something" to offer!

Enjoy your travels...... and keep us all posted!

Cheers

Brian
AnswerID: 353544

Reply By: Member - Bushpig - Thursday, Mar 12, 2009 at 08:31

Thursday, Mar 12, 2009 at 08:31
Hi Nick
We are just about to do the same. Should have a contract on the house this week. Full time travelling is a completely different mind set and for some it is too much to comprehend. No home any more, just the van. It takes some time to adjust to not having any particular place to go or no time restrictions. Also after living in a house the size of the van will take some time getting used to.
Having said that I am sure that once on the road these fears etc will disappear.
Hope to see you on the road someplace soon.
Cheers Jack & Linda
AnswerID: 353546

Reply By: Member - Matt & Caz H (QLD) - Thursday, Mar 12, 2009 at 08:34

Thursday, Mar 12, 2009 at 08:34
Hey Nick,

Congratulations!!!! we put our house up for sale in June last yr took 3 months to sell, then the couple that bought the house wanted a 60 day settlement (seemed like a lifetime) we finally started our trip on the 7th November!!! Took us ages to load furniture ect into a 20 foot container and ship it to the in-laws, I had a business in Brisbane as a Massage Therapist - miss a lot of my clients however I can start up again elsewhere when we have this (gotta travel Aust bug out of our system, or does it ever get out of your system???) We have decided you could do this for 5 yrs and still not see it all, you have to work out just what it is you want to see.

We started in QLD went up Nth then out west Longreach (hall of fame was great) we have spent a little time in NSW (Tumbarumba, Gundagai ect) been to a few places in Victoria (we are currently in Shepparton working as we have run out of money) we are booked on the spirit of Tassie in the 1st week of May to experience that Tassie winter you speak of!!!!! we are traveling with our two daughters aged 7 & almost 9yrs they are looking forward to seeing the snow. We have a website (its a bit rough and I have had issues with loading pics - not too good with computers) have a look if you wish http://www.travelingoz.webs.com

Matt has done most of the working whilst travelling as I home school the girls, however I have done some massage along the way. It truly is a great experience and we do not regret selling our house (even with the family telling us we were completely nuts!!!).

Cheers
Caroline
AnswerID: 353547

Reply By: Member - Bushpig - Friday, Mar 13, 2009 at 10:06

Friday, Mar 13, 2009 at 10:06
Hey Nick
Had our house on the market for 10 days. Yesterday sold it (contract) so now we are only a matter of weeks away from being permanently on the road. Yahooooo!

Cheers Jack
AnswerID: 353756

Sponsored Links