Where are the best deals for parabolic suspension kits for a Troopy?

Submitted: Monday, Mar 23, 2009 at 17:43
ThreadID: 67122 Views:2487 Replies:1 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
I have been doing a bit of research on suspension kits for the troopy and it appears that I need the above kit and longer shocks and I should notice a much more comfortable ride.

My thanks go to William H (WA) for his help and contacts.

I will be home in the Hunter Valley just after Easter and considering I have trouble putting a nut and bolt together I will need to get them supplied and fitted.

Anywhere on the Central Coast, Newcastle or Sydney would be ok.

I have read the archived threads and presume that most kits seem ok except for ironman , which had a lot of different opinions.

Any updates on the various kits would be helpful.

Regards BooBoo

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kanga1 - Monday, Mar 23, 2009 at 20:24

Monday, Mar 23, 2009 at 20:24
Hey Boo Boo, I had some APM Parabolic 3 leaf fitted to the rear and King coils on the front with Koni Shocks all round, on my 78 Troopy, in September last year, by a Company in WA called Wilkinson Suspensions, very professional crowd, they only do suspension and have been around for eons. So far so good, a bit more comfortable when the car is unloaded, markedly more comfortable when loaded, they are more compliant when crossing the axles up in rough country, about $2600 for the lot fitted with greasable pins on the rear, the car came up about 65mm front and 70mm in the rear from the OEM gear fitted by Toyota. Cheers, Kanga1.
Tempus Fugit

Kanga.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 355752

Follow Up By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Monday, Mar 23, 2009 at 21:59

Monday, Mar 23, 2009 at 21:59
Thanks for the info Kanga1, but I am hoping that some one in sydney will come good or I'll have to hit the phone.
FollowupID: 623777

Follow Up By: Member - William H (WA) - Monday, Mar 23, 2009 at 22:14

Monday, Mar 23, 2009 at 22:14
Good evening Kanga1

What is the phone number for the suspension place please, i need to sort out some springs for my tojo, and shocks as well.

Good evening Boo Boo.

Cheers for now...William H...Bunbury...WA.
FollowupID: 623782

Follow Up By: Kanga1 - Tuesday, Mar 24, 2009 at 00:46

Tuesday, Mar 24, 2009 at 00:46
Hi William, Wilkinsons Suspensions phone # is 9370 2646, they are up in Bayswater, and the head Sharang is Peter Wilkinson, cheers, good luck with the Eastern suburbs spring hunt Boo Boo. Kanga1.
Tempus Fugit

Kanga.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 623797

Sponsored Links