New garmin Topo maps

Submitted: Friday, Mar 27, 2009 at 18:01
ThreadID: 67260 Views:2289 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all,
I just bought the new Garmin Topo maps on DVD. The first problem with it was that it would not load up from the DVD with Oztopo V2.1 on the hard drive. When i deleted the programe it worked. To be honest im not to thrilled about it at all. I was trying to create a trip route with it for about an hour. Just a simple one from home to work. And do you think i could do it? No. I went to the help directory and that was no help at all. it said, click the "edit" tab then click "New" well there is no NEW in the EDIT tab after an hour i gave up on it.
Has anyone else bought this product?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Skippy In The GU - Saturday, Mar 28, 2009 at 07:47

Saturday, Mar 28, 2009 at 07:47
I haven't heard that problem before .
Also Fraser island isn't as good as Shonkymaps

Go to

GPS Australia

They might be able to help
AnswerID: 356691

Reply By: Member - Megan and Kevin D (AC - Saturday, Mar 28, 2009 at 15:56

Saturday, Mar 28, 2009 at 15:56
Sympathies! We went to a gps shop in Sydney a couple of weeks ago and spent an hour playing with the SD card in the garmin nuvi 760 there. The DVD hadn't reached the shop at that stage. We are planning a trip to the CSR and wanted to see how the Garmin Topo looked for that purpose. We were very disappointed. We are used to using a good range of paper maps on our trips but had decided that digital moving maps would be more fun and as we owned the nuvi 760 this seemed the obvious way to go. We naturally went straight to the CSR - there were no wells marked - it was like being in satellite mode! Would be happy to hear that we are wrong about this. We didn't buy the product and we've now ordered OziExplorer and NatMaps - hoping we can have some fun with these.
AnswerID: 356733

Reply By: long haired nomad - Saturday, Mar 28, 2009 at 22:16

Saturday, Mar 28, 2009 at 22:16
Well ive worked out how to create a route, but its not how it said to do it in the help section. Over all im not very impressed with the whole package. Unlike Oztopo you cant choose wether you want toll roads or not. You just get the shortest route. To bad if you dont like toll roads like me. If theres anyone out there who wants detail in their maps get OziExplorer.
AnswerID: 356772

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Sunday, Mar 29, 2009 at 13:40

Sunday, Mar 29, 2009 at 13:40
"Unlike Oztopo you cant choose wether you want toll roads or not"

I didnt think oztopo was routeable - or do you mean city navigator?

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 624942

Sponsored Links