Nissan D40 2.5 diesel Fuel Filter

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 02, 2009 at 18:59
ThreadID: 67452 Views:9440 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I'm heading off on a 10 week trek across Aus on 28 Jun and currently getting some 'consumables' together to take with me for that "just in case" occasion. Looking at the fuel filter on my truck it seems to be a completely sealed unit and when I asked my local dealer about getting a fuel filter they said not to worry as this won't require servicing in the time I'm away and BTW they are approx $180 each 'cause they have all these sensors yada yada yada.....can anyone tell me the facts for this year model? Knowing my previous altercations with "Murphy" I'm guessing that thei non-servicable filter will be the first thing that cocks up if'n I pick up some bleep ty diesel in one of those out of the way places in the Great Aussie Outback. Vehicle is a June 2008 build.
Thanks
Pete
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: RossL - Thursday, Apr 02, 2009 at 19:58

Thursday, Apr 02, 2009 at 19:58
Pete, Not sure about all the sensors but I keep a box with some "essentials" that hopefully will not be needed. The D40 diesel fuel filter is in there along with spare air and oil filters, oil etc. I stuff the box at the back of the tray and hope not to need it. Over time I will use & replace them as I do each service so money is not wasted. I think I paid about $140 for the filter last year, and check they give you the right one, I had to take mine back as they supplied the wrong one but at least I was still in Sydney at the time.

Just think how long you might have to wait if there is not a generic part avail. in a country/outback town, let alone in the desert.

You never know where you might get bad fuel. On our last trip a mate got a load of water in his fuel (petrol) not long after we left Alice Springs and it was from a high turnover petrol station. About 1-2l of water was drained out of the tank but it took a week and a few bottles of meths before it all settled down again.

Ross
AnswerID: 357716

Reply By: Member - Marco T (VIC) - Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 00:13

Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 00:13
Pete,

I keep one with me. I had mine changed last year about $130. Cheap insurance when you will need to change it at some point.
There is another Navara D40 that gets serviced at the same mechanic I go to and he faced a $6500 bill to change the injectors. Funny the expensive filter did not pick up the rubbish!

Marco
AnswerID: 357764

Reply By: Patrol22 - Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 06:33

Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 06:33
Thanks guys...yeah I will get one but I was just wondering if the price was in the right ball park.
Cheers
Pete
AnswerID: 357774

Sponsored Links