Going up to Dargo again these holidays.

Submitted: Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 12:44
ThreadID: 67477 Views:1988 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Is there a walnut festival on during Easter? If so what's on?
Any recommendations for tracks to traverse. Done: Sarah Spur, Tea Tree, Billy Goat, Herne, Blue Rag, Sth Basalt Knob, King Spur, Mt Steve, Haunted Stream, Amphitheatre, Bulltown Spur.
Headed across to Deddick track after Easter.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Howard (ACT) - Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 13:12

Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 13:12
twinkles,
cannot help re walnut festival but I went for a drive down deddicks and a few other tracks in the snowy river NP last weekend and am going back at easter.
deddicks was in good condtion. only 1 steep loose wombatholed pinch about 32 km in. took about 2 1/2 hours from mckillops to yalmy rd.
other tracks such as bowen link and warbisco didnt show any signs of use for quite a while.lots of leaf litter and windfall. but all large trees had been cut off.
we camped at waratah flat and even the campsites were covered in leaf litter.
a dozer has been working at bottom of warbisco and minchins cleaning out erosion humps.
must say I was surprised how little traffic about we didnt see 1 vehicle from Mckillops lunchtime saturday until bonang lunch time the next day.
have a good one
cheers
Howard

Resigned to Retirement

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 357843

Follow Up By: Twinkles - Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 14:14

Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 14:14
Thanks Howard. I'll look up those tracks.
FollowupID: 625952

Reply By: Tim - Stratford (VIC) - Sunday, Apr 05, 2009 at 09:07

Sunday, Apr 05, 2009 at 09:07
G'day Twinkles,

There's no wlanut festival at Dargo this Easter. It stopped a couple of years ago due to insurance issues etc. Having said that they are still having a 'do' but catering to the B&S/Ute crowd. A lot of show 'n shine for the young'ens.

So don't forget to polish the bullbar and wheels on the Hilux!

:-)

Tim
AnswerID: 358139

Follow Up By: Twinkles - Sunday, Apr 05, 2009 at 11:19

Sunday, Apr 05, 2009 at 11:19
That's a pity. My car is very dirty. Don't plan to clean it til after the holidays. No prizes for me.
FollowupID: 626270

Sponsored Links