Majestic Caravans

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 11, 2009 at 08:30
ThreadID: 67758 Views:4358 Replies:8 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Rusty 55

We have just read the threads on the majestic you commenced late last year. We are just about to go with Majestic as well after a lot of research and wondered if you went ahead or would like to discuss further with us. We live in Brisbane and will be purchasing from Caboolture dealer.
Sue and Paul
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: deserter - Saturday, Apr 11, 2009 at 12:46

Saturday, Apr 11, 2009 at 12:46
Rusty asked about Majestic on other caravan forums. He was told to stay away from them.Their have been some absolute horror stories over the past couple years regarding Majestic. Not only shocking build quality - but they don't do their own warranty. Which has cused great problems when a third party simply refuses to recognise warranty claims. Legal minefield. Best advice the experts give is to make sure whatever brand you buy is warranted by the manufacterer.
AnswerID: 359190

Reply By: Warstar - Saturday, Apr 11, 2009 at 15:28

Saturday, Apr 11, 2009 at 15:28
Don't do it! Have a geek at http://caravanersforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=914&hilit=majestic
AnswerID: 359197

Reply By: Member - Graham H (QLD) - Saturday, Apr 11, 2009 at 17:35

Saturday, Apr 11, 2009 at 17:35
Try asking the caravan repairer in Caboolture.
They call a spade a spade so should answer your questions but as he told me nothing is perfect its just how far away that makes the difference.

LOl

AnswerID: 359215

Reply By: Sue & Paul - Sunday, Apr 12, 2009 at 08:04

Sunday, Apr 12, 2009 at 08:04
Hi Guys

Thanks heaps for your help. It is much appreciated. We will definitely be taking heed of your advice.

Sue and Paul
AnswerID: 359275

Reply By: deserter - Sunday, Apr 12, 2009 at 12:54

Sunday, Apr 12, 2009 at 12:54
Dunno what your budget is but if you are up Caboolture way go to Burpengary and look at Sunland vans. They have a superb reputation and are really top quality.
AnswerID: 359305

Reply By: Sue & Paul - Sunday, Apr 12, 2009 at 14:31

Sunday, Apr 12, 2009 at 14:31
Hi Desserter

Yes we have looked at the sunlander - love the Winton but around $100,000.00. It was just higher money wise then we wanted to go. But it is the same old story - you get what you pay for!! So I guess it is back to the drawing board to us and try and come up with a few more pennies!!

Sue and Paul
AnswerID: 359308

Follow Up By: Geoff & Karen - Sunday, Apr 12, 2009 at 16:14

Sunday, Apr 12, 2009 at 16:14
We were in that Sunlander factory last week as we are looking at buying a big van to travel with. We could not get out of their fast enough. The owner and the manager kept contradicting themselves on what and what could not be done, and all we heard about were stories from what's happened to clients............etc. Every time we kept trying to come back to the reason we were there..............all we heard was......"now let me tell you another story about that". We were not interested in story telling, and even hubby who never comments about anyone, when we eventually could get away, said, geeze something about that bloke I dont like! You could have knocked me over with a feather, he normally does not pass judgement. We have done a lot of looking at vans and for what his vans have in them did not think they were worth the money he wants. Just my opinion anyway.........Karen
FollowupID: 627273

Follow Up By: Member - Graham H (QLD) - Sunday, Apr 12, 2009 at 16:57

Sunday, Apr 12, 2009 at 16:57
My neighbour will back u up on the above He bought one and its been back a few times for "rectification"

I went in once to look around and shot out again real quick.

FollowupID: 627281

Follow Up By: paulnsw - Monday, Apr 13, 2009 at 10:31

Monday, Apr 13, 2009 at 10:31
Sunland are horribly overpriced because they think they can. Not worth the money compared to what is availble. Buy s/h Future System and refurbish if looking for a good van at reasonable price.
FollowupID: 627354

Reply By: Sue & Paul - Monday, Apr 13, 2009 at 07:42

Monday, Apr 13, 2009 at 07:42
Thanks Geoff and Karen and Graham
We are thinking of looking again now at the Kraztman G2 Franklin or even Paramount vans and are going to look at the new Jayco Sterling Outback fitted with simplicity independent suspension thinking that we might just go with a cheaper van like Jayco for all the trouble there seems to be with most vans out there. From what I have read on forum sites at least if Jayco have problems they not only have a reputation for great after sales service but have plenty of service centres around Australia for repairs! When we decided to join the grey nomads and work around Australia we did not think it would be so hard to buy a van!!! We have been looking around now for a couple of years and thought we had done our homework!!!!

Thanks again for your words of advice - much appreciated everyone.

Sue and Paul
AnswerID: 359344

Reply By: Rusty 55 - Monday, Apr 13, 2009 at 22:45

Monday, Apr 13, 2009 at 22:45
Hi Sue & Paul,

Just by chance I returned to this forum to see if there was any further comments regarding Majestic vans and there was your question to me.
We are pleased to inform all those on the forum that we have ordered a van through the Majestic dealer at Caboolture and will take delivery of our van in June.
After quite a few years of research, taking in the good and the not so good advice from others we chose a van that we think will suit our needs and we are looking forward to the arrival.
When does your van arrive Sue & Paul? We could have taken delivery earlier but we will be out of the country until mid May.
Would love to catch up for a chat about the vans and plans etc. You can send me an email if you wish and we will get together. My email is rgreen@hitechelec.com.au
I have talked with quite a few people regarding these vans and would be happy to pass on their comments.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rusty 55
200 Series and Majestic Tiara

AnswerID: 359433

Sponsored Links