Further to post 68208 OT NZ

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 25, 2009 at 22:54
ThreadID: 68217 Views:1899 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
ANZAC Day News NZ Army 26 Aus Army 0
Even better
Reds (Qld) beat Blues (Auk)
The other two Islands in NZ refer to that Island to the North as Pig Island
With the number of rental type campers increasing all the time the problem here is compounding
Some Rental company's appear to be quite responsible and are self contained vans, others the "Budget" types hire out junk vans just a shagging wagon on wheels.
I have been involved with local community and boards for many years and the problem is getting worse, even after the ratepayers have provided toilets at their own expense.
Lots of Oz Britz Fritz Middle and East.
As there is not as much traffic on the roads some think they can stop anywhere, come round a bend and here is a van sitting in the middle of the road, idiots out with the cameras. Just last week a tourist walked round their camper into the path of a B Train, splat just like a Big Red and a Road Train. Even worse a few days before a tourist from the same country came round a bend on the wrong side of the road killed himself killed two and seriously injured another three girls just a after they had left the Agriculture College they were attending.
I have rented 4x4 Campers out of Brisbane and Sydney no toilet facilities and when I have asked where is the shovel? Oh that comes with the recovery kit, that will be another $25 a week please.
Needless to say I now run my own Camper cheap shovel, Portti Potty and all.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Hairy (NT) - Sunday, Apr 26, 2009 at 09:23

Sunday, Apr 26, 2009 at 09:23
Im confused?
So your a Kiwi who barracks for the QLD reds and the NZ army
( in a sport I assume?)......
" The other two islands" would mean NZ now has three Islands? (and if you count the little Islands there are heaps more than that?)and for some unexplained reason you call the Fiji Islands, Pig Island?
Being called a unit in OZ is a bit of an insult.....Is being called a self contanied van a compliment in NZ?
"Fritz in a Britz" mate...."not Oz Britz Fritz"
You might need to explain what a "big red"( Tomatoe) is......over here its a sand hill.
Do they supply bum wipe with the shovel for $25 and does it come with a pre dug hole?
And what do you run your own shovel on? ( Just be warned....if you come over to Oz some places only have OPAL fuel and Ive heard shovels run like cr@p on it).

Catcha Bro LOL
Cheers

LOL
Cheers

LOL
AnswerID: 361600

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Sunday, Apr 26, 2009 at 09:32

Sunday, Apr 26, 2009 at 09:32
Hairy,

The third Island is Tasmania hahahahahah

Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 629348

Follow Up By: Member - Russnic [NZ] - Sunday, Apr 26, 2009 at 12:21

Sunday, Apr 26, 2009 at 12:21
Your onto it Hairy spent some time in the NZ Army even played a bit of Rugby to.
For my spare time I go to Queensland, only go to Auckland if I am getting payed for it and I can't find a good excuse to get out of going there
Must have spent to long at the RSA last night when I read my post in the light of day.
Islands should mean main Islands.
Self contained Camper Vans is a compliment they carry the s---t with them and we hope it gets emptied in an approved dump site, there is enough around most funded by the local ratepayer.
Lack of commas in OZ Fritz, Britz, East, Middle East.as in occupants.
Big Red as compared to a Little Grey. been over the sand hill, don't think it is moving fast enough to jump out in front of a road train.
Yeh two rolls of toilet paper were complementary with the hire, the occasional camp ground that I stay seem to supply toilet paper, if not in one and without a shovel I suppose you just leave it behind and walk away. I detest people doing that in my country why should I do that in yours.
Like your comment about Opal I carry the Porti Potti with diesel though.
Hope you had a good ANZAC day, I caught up with a few, in our little area all the Old Timers are gone now.
Cheers
Russ
FollowupID: 629383

Reply By: Member - Clive G (NZ) - Sunday, Apr 26, 2009 at 10:09

Sunday, Apr 26, 2009 at 10:09
Russnic.
Being a Kiwi from the North Island I find your name of “Pig Island” offensive, in fact your entire post is inaccurate as well as inflammatory, and brings this great little country into disrepute.

I do a lot travelling in NZ towing a van (also Oz when I can) and I have seen none of the behavior that you describe. What I do see though, is local Kiwi idiots in fast cars, poor control and dubious sobriety. They are a far greater risk than visitors in campers.

Regards. CliveG NZ.
AnswerID: 361613

Follow Up By: Member - Russnic [NZ] - Sunday, Apr 26, 2009 at 11:46

Sunday, Apr 26, 2009 at 11:46
Sorry Clive did not mean to upset you, it was a bit tongue in cheek, people from Up here in the South find some of the remarks that come out of Auckland offensive too particularly some of those from the Auckland Mayor.
Now they expect the rest of the country to pay for the mess their roading system is in.
Far better to squander ratepayers money on soccer games, entertainers, shows etc that run at a loss and get the rest of the country to pay for the roads.
I was talking to the Local councillor after the ANZAC service and one of the comments he made was the problem the council was having with the camper vans that did not contain toilet facilities.
Southland District Council has the most roads in number and length, pay the highest roading rate per individual rate payer, receive the least funding from central Govt, in NZ and now the fuel tax is increasing to pay for Auckland's mess. Southland also has a high number of tourists too.
Now there is talk that the Homer tunnel on the way to Milford needs an upgrade, The Council is concerned that under the present system the locals are expected to fund the majority of the cost, a tunnel that is used probably %99.9 by tourists
Any way this is more political than what this forum is about so lets leave it there.
As for idiots in fast cars etc, i seem to find them in or near the Cities in Australia too.
The two incidents that resulted in death both occurred in the last month or so and South of the Waitakii.I personally have come round a bend on the Devils Staircase, just after the tightest corner and building up the revs when parked in my lane is a camper van two tourists Japanese at a guess out with the cameras, As luck would have it there was nothing approaching and I managed to swerve round them, There could have been more deaths, there was no way I was going to get pulled up in time.
FollowupID: 629374

Sponsored Links