Good suplier of Radiators for a Patrol 4.2TDI (SYD) ??

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 29, 2009 at 18:22
ThreadID: 68362 Views:2010 Replies:1 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
greetings guys -- well a few weeks ago - i asked for help to fix my radiator -- i ended up just bending over the leaking section and crimping off -- still works great

but i will eventually have to replace - NOW is there anyone in sydney that sells decent Radiators at a good price ---

i also tow a LOT with this car - and do experience some hot temp on my temp gauge - should i be looking for a higher capacity radiator ? or something with its own built in fans ?

and finally - any idea on a price for what you may suggest ( pref in or around Sydney )

thanks

Boc
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Rossc0 - Wednesday, Apr 29, 2009 at 18:54

Wednesday, Apr 29, 2009 at 18:54
Not in Sydney and probably much more than you want to pay but Aussie Desert Coolers are excellent.

I've yet to see my F100 go above 90C on all kinds of use since fitting one whereas it used to be regularly around 100-110C just on the highway.

All up including freight $1100 dollars, that was radiator with twin thermo fans and wiring loom.

Usual disclaimer no affiliation just satisfied customer.

Cheers
Ross
AnswerID: 362308

Follow Up By: Ozboc - Wednesday, Apr 29, 2009 at 20:48

Wednesday, Apr 29, 2009 at 20:48
HI Rossco - i had seen there add in one of the 4x4 mags on the dunny floor!

with the wiring loom - is it plug and play - or something that a Sparky would have to install ? and would that need a new rear shroud - or is that just thrown away because of the twin thermo fans ?

Boc
FollowupID: 630076

Follow Up By: Rossc0 - Wednesday, Apr 29, 2009 at 22:20

Wednesday, Apr 29, 2009 at 22:20
Hi Boc,

The one I've got is like the one on the front page of their website.

Dual thermo fans in a shroud attached to the radiator, draws 4000cfm.

I had to remove the engine driven fan and original shroud, this also gives heaps more room between the radiator and engine.

The wiring loom is two relays and you need to have a thermo fan switch in the coolant somewhere, best just after the thermostat if you can. I have it in the thermostat housing.

Thermo fan switch turns on at 87C and turns off at 82C, it's made by champion and the part number is CFS56. This is a universal switch. I bought the thermo fan switch separately as it was cheaper and I have the part listing now if I need to replace it.

Simple to wire up, negative of the relays connects to the thermo fan switch, positive of the relays to ignition positive via fuse, switched positive for fans on relays via fuse to battery, negative for fans to some suitable grounding point.

It keeps a 5.8l Cleveland cool so should have no problems with yours.

Was easy to fit in the F100 but it's insulated from the chassis so no problem with stray current.

Cheers
Ross
FollowupID: 630092

Follow Up By: Ozboc - Thursday, Apr 30, 2009 at 18:29

Thursday, Apr 30, 2009 at 18:29
Ok i emailed them last night -- no reply as yet ... will wait patiently

Boc
FollowupID: 630185

Sponsored Links