Suggestions needed - traveling to bega from sydney - camping places ?

Submitted: Sunday, May 03, 2009 at 18:19
ThreadID: 68479 Views:2470 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Ok - maybe in a few months - i want to take a trip down to a friends place in Bega ( Brogo ) he has acreage down there - so that will be a first stop for us. But want to maybe use that as a Starting place.

Looking for great camping places near there or further south past eden or even into VIC -- we prefer nice quiet places near running water .... and FREE

we will be towing a Jayco Flamingo Outback ( off road version)

so can you guys that are in the know - suggest any places ? and do you have links to photos ? ( Maybe even GPS co ordinates)

not sure if kids are coming yet or even the dog -- may just be the misses and myself ....

Thanks guys :)

Boc
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Roughasguts - Sunday, May 03, 2009 at 19:23

Sunday, May 03, 2009 at 19:23
Theres a place on the river at Kangaroo valley I have seen several tents set up.
AnswerID: 363009

Reply By: Ozboc - Monday, May 04, 2009 at 17:54

Monday, May 04, 2009 at 17:54
So there is NOTHING of interest at all down south ? apart from a site in kangeroo valley ?

May have to rethink then ...

Boc
AnswerID: 363183

Reply By: Rod, Sydney - Monday, May 04, 2009 at 19:28

Monday, May 04, 2009 at 19:28
Hi Ozboc.

I'd suggest you get the state forests and national parks maps for the south coast of NSW and the eastern coast of Victoria. There are heaps of out-of-the way locations for camping - less near the coast than inland.

IMHO it is one of the unsung areas of Australia for driving and camping. You will be spoilt for choice. I don't have any specific recommendations, you'll have a great time.

Cheers
Rod, Perth

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 363219

Reply By: Member - Phil G (SA) - Monday, May 04, 2009 at 22:27

Monday, May 04, 2009 at 22:27
Last Feb we were down that way. Spent a couple of days at Bitangabee Bay in the Ben Boyd National Park south of Eden. Had the place to ourselves because no one wants to pay more to camp in a National Park than it costs in a Caravan Park. The fees were over the top, but we had the kayaks and really enjoyed ourselves.
AnswerID: 363266

Sponsored Links