The costs of touring

Submitted: Friday, May 08, 2009 at 22:38
ThreadID: 68653 Views:3356 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
For our up coming 3 month trip, we have purchased or built the following-For the Cruiser, built a cargo barrier, up graded our 40lt fridge to a 60lt, built a tilting fridge slide, elastic strips to the map pockets on front doors, first trip with I/C Turbo, Tekonsha P3 brake controller, EXPLOROZ wheel cover, rear window protector, ARB ez deflator, built inverter into storage unit,replaced std jack for 4T bottle jack(which fits where std jack went)
To our Tambo camper, built a flip over rack, had made half size PVC bag for rack, 12v water pump for shower, Yamaha 1kva genny + bag, CTEK charger, built 2 extra jerry can holders, canvas rubbish bag,trailer brakes
Misc. camping gear/spares, Hillbilly spun steel camp oven, 4x new chairs, a couple of yabby nets, spare fluro light, a couple of jaffle irons, spare main leaf for trailer, spare "U" bolts,spare wheel bearings,spare filters, spare tube(plus normal repair kit)..... and on it goes.
And I thought I already had everything we needed........
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Maîneÿ . . .- Saturday, May 09, 2009 at 08:22

Saturday, May 09, 2009 at 08:22
Nick,
as you say "built inverter *into* storage unit" hope you have left plenty of free air space for cooling around the inverter in the storage unit, just so it does not overheat and fail or worse still create a fire hazard :-((

Mainey . . .
AnswerID: 363955

Follow Up By: Member - Nick (TAS) - Saturday, May 09, 2009 at 08:32

Saturday, May 09, 2009 at 08:32
Gday Mainey, yeah theres heaps of free space around it.It is fitted beside the draw system, where the wheel arches are in the way.At least 75mm around all edges and open on the back for 900mm.
FollowupID: 631611

Reply By: dact - Saturday, May 09, 2009 at 12:10

Saturday, May 09, 2009 at 12:10
G'day Nick

Just interested in how you built (and cost of it) the flip over rack for the Tambo??

We have a Tambo and are taking off for 5-6 months next year with a 10 & 15 yr olds in tow.... who both want their OWN tourer tent, so they don't have to sleep in camper with Mum & Dad.

Obviously, this means more gear to carry and we have often discussed the fact it would be so handy to have a rack on the camper.

Regards
Terry & Amanda
AnswerID: 363987

Follow Up By: Member - Nick (TAS) - Saturday, May 09, 2009 at 18:08

Saturday, May 09, 2009 at 18:08
Here is a picture of it, plenty of room to store bigger lighter stuff.Cost me $400 for steel, mesh and paint(built myself)
[img]
[/img]
FollowupID: 631722

Sponsored Links