Trayon

Submitted: Monday, May 11, 2009 at 15:08
ThreadID: 68726 Views:2936 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Looking into the purchase of a Trayon slide on camper..How many happy travellers are using one now around OZ ?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Allan C (VIC) - Monday, May 11, 2009 at 17:06

Monday, May 11, 2009 at 17:06
Hi Frogman,
We have had our Trayon about 4 years and couldn't be happier.
We have travelled extensively with the Trayon - all over the West and North and have never had a problem. It is quick and easy to erect and put down.
Ours is just for the two of us and as such we only have the double bed, not the extras.
We originally changed the fridge to an Engel before delivery, but have since changed back to the Dometic because we found the engel too noisy - you just couldn't sleep with it. the Dometic with the T rating is almost as efficient as the engel and silent. We also have a 50L sidewinder in the Ute as well.
We carry the Trayon on a Mazda BT 50 extra cab with air bag suspension and have never had a problem.
We have seen nothing as good as our Trayon on the market as yet.
Hope if you make the purchase, you have as much fun with yours as we have had (and are still having) with ours.
Cheers and Good Luck
Allan C.

AnswerID: 364330

Reply By: Dunedigger - Monday, May 11, 2009 at 19:53

Monday, May 11, 2009 at 19:53
Hi,

I have had one for about 6 years on the back of a Landcruiser 79 series. It is great, quite quick to set up, and pack up, and I regard it as being the best off road hard floor slide on canvas topped camper.

They are relatively lightweight, and low profile. I think it increases my litres per 100 by about 1 litre/100km

It has been all over the Victorian high country twice, including done the staircase to King Valley, All round Tasmania and even camped in the snow.

It is so well sealed no dust gets in. As mentioned before 3 way fridges can be a problem, as mine is not a T model, I have some old computer fans I have been going to fit to help it work better. Heavy wiring form the battery is also important. They can get quite hot on a hot day, I have a PROPER tropical roof made for mine which makes a huge difference.

We solved the wet canvas problem with 2 painters plastic drop sheets by covering the bed and the lounge

If you do a search on this forum you will find quite a lot of posts

However, I am about to sell it as I need something a bit more luxurious for SHMBO

Enjoy your purchase

Dunediger

AnswerID: 364365

Follow Up By: Member - Scoey4 (SA) - Monday, May 11, 2009 at 20:38

Monday, May 11, 2009 at 20:38
Dunediggger

Where are you and how much you want for it?

Got any photos?

SCOEY
FollowupID: 632072

Follow Up By: Dunedigger - Monday, May 11, 2009 at 21:48

Monday, May 11, 2009 at 21:48
I have it listed in the Trader section. I don't have any recent photos. I plan on setting it up this weekend for photos. I have one photo of outside

email me at rexcoxau at yahoo dot com dot au

Located Mid North Coast NSW 3 hours north of Sydney

Regards

Dunedigger
FollowupID: 632085

Reply By: In Good Time - Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 08:27

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 08:27
Frogman

Have had a Trayon for over 3 years and are very happy with it.
It is fitted on a 79 series toyota, have travelled some very remote and rugged areas with no problems. The Trayon does not restrict the vehicle off road, quick to set up. Make sure you get the silver reflective fly as this keeps the inside warmer in winter and much cooler in summer. Very happy camper.

Pete.
AnswerID: 364427

Reply By: taswegian - Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 09:44

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 09:44
Hi Frogman,
Have had one for 4 years on a cruiser done over 10,000ks of desert work not a tea spoon of dust. The standard fridge not tropical rated ,ok in lower lats but runs out puff obove capricorn, had to fit a couple of d smith computer fans made a lot of diff cold beer in darwin now.I use a el cheapo poly tarp to cover bed when packing up on rainey days never had a wet bunk.Tray on supply a fly a must in hot or real cold weather. They are a great unit would highly recommend.

Cheers

tASWEGIAN.
AnswerID: 364437

Sponsored Links