driver training

Submitted: Saturday, May 16, 2009 at 16:28
ThreadID: 68895 Views:2311 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,
Well, thanks for previous advice re Prado, Hilux, Navara, Pathy etc. Signed up today for a brand spanker Pathy Ti. "Last one in Aust" so the sales pitch goes.....

Now, being a complete newbie, anyone got any good recommendations for a Melb based driver training centre to tell me how to use it properly and safely?

Cheers
Andrew
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Crackles - Saturday, May 16, 2009 at 16:56

Saturday, May 16, 2009 at 16:56
Andrew Four wheel drive Victoria do a good basic course. Look on this SITE then open up "training", "courses & costs", "driver training" then "beginer courses".
Alternatively you could join one of the many clubs in Melbourne & then do the same accredited training course often for free. This has the added benifit of continuing to learn under the guidence of other members on each trip you attend.
Cheers Craig.........
AnswerID: 365249

Follow Up By: Kumunara (NT) - Saturday, May 16, 2009 at 22:59

Saturday, May 16, 2009 at 22:59
I agree

Join a 4WD club and do an accredited course.

You also get the benefits of being a member of the club.

Tjilpi
Life's great and it just keeps getting better

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 632996

Reply By: vk1dx - Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 08:41

Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 08:41
I used to be a rec mech with the Army in the 60's and though I knew a lot. We got a LC and looked at training before getting stuck. We found the best way was to join a club. Yes we also checked out the training staff before joining as that was one of the reasons we joined. The leader was a professional off road trainer. So off I go to the course thinking things I shouldn't. I will tell you one thing though - snatch straps beat half inch steel wires. They don't pull as many front ends off.

I learnt heaps and my wife is doing hers as I type. No worries watching all the footy last night. We also found a great bunch of new friends and travelling mates.

DO IT. Join a club.
AnswerID: 365343

Sponsored Links