Overseas sales phone calls

Submitted: Friday, May 22, 2009 at 21:00
ThreadID: 69082 Views:2480 Replies:4 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Just had a phone call from an overseas sales person selling Australian holiday accomadation. Got infomed there was accomation in Sydney, Melbourne, New Zealand - or was it Iceland.

I asked if there was accomadation at Dailhousie Health & Spa, Oonadatta or Purnie Bore, got told they had accomation at Brisbane, Adelaide etc. even Kangaroo Island.

We found out we couldn't get accomadation at William Creek or Birdsville for a flight over Lake Eyre but instead was offered nights in Auckland. " Is that in Iceland?".

After 35 mins the superviser hung up. How many sales did they loose? Google was working overtime. Boy I'm sick of these phones calls but sometimes it is good to have one on a line. LOL
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: tim_c - Friday, May 22, 2009 at 21:09

Friday, May 22, 2009 at 21:09
Hee hee :) What a laugh! I'll have to remember that one. I'm glad someone enjoys having fun with these fellas! BTW: I think it's Dalhousie, not 'Dailhousie' - perhaps that's why they couldn't find it ;)

I had one a few years back offering some wine tasting winery tour - couldn't think of a more boring way to spend a weekend. I politely said "no thanks" and hung up but my brother told me I should have counter-offered a weekend camping package, somewhere with 'flush-free' loos, running water (in the creek), 5 billion+ star 'resort' etc.!
AnswerID: 366265

Follow Up By: Member - Burra - Friday, May 22, 2009 at 21:16

Friday, May 22, 2009 at 21:16
Dad was bored and it took that time till the penny drop what I was on about, still it does beat watching home and away
FollowupID: 633967

Reply By: Member - Mick O (VIC) - Friday, May 22, 2009 at 21:43

Friday, May 22, 2009 at 21:43
Burra,

I was forever getting the annoying Mumbai calls between 7-7.30 p.m. until I registered on the governments "Don't Call Me" web site. Seeing your post has just made me realise that I haven't had a call in months. From three a night to nothing. Hey it really does work.

Cheers Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 366271

Follow Up By: Members Paul and Melissa (VIC) - Friday, May 22, 2009 at 22:16

Friday, May 22, 2009 at 22:16
Yeah i reckon it works too Mick. we copped the same thing, annoying calls from india several times a night or week. registered and some time later- no more thank you
FollowupID: 633978

Follow Up By: guzzi - Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 07:23

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 07:23
Its quite possibly the only government service that actually does what it's supposed too.
We went from 6 calls a night to NONE, very happy.
FollowupID: 634011

Follow Up By: stevesub - Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 10:40

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 10:40
Same here. Still get the odd charity wanting $$ though but all quiet right now as we are never home.

Stevesub
FollowupID: 634020

Follow Up By: tim_c - Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 14:30

Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 14:30
When Optus increased my monthly line rental from $29.95 to $55, I ditched it (wasn't using it much anyway). The nuisance sales calls stopped straight away! I just use the mobile now, and the extra I spend is a lot less than $55/month and almost no nuisance calls now!
FollowupID: 634062

Reply By: Member No 1- Sunday, May 24, 2009 at 10:37

Sunday, May 24, 2009 at 10:37
i was getting heaps of annoying calls from phone providers...yelling and screaming at them and the supervisors just seemed to escalate the number of calls from south melbourne - iceland...(cant understand why they all had accents... didnt think the vic was overrun with indians)

then I said that my line was being monitored for incoming calls by my provider (Telstra, which i did take out) and they stopped very abruptly...only received two more calls and none since

now to figure out how to get rid of the junk mail that comes thru on the fax....!????
AnswerID: 366450

Reply By: Member - Oldplodder (QLD) - Sunday, May 24, 2009 at 16:48

Sunday, May 24, 2009 at 16:48
You have your bit of 'fun' doing that too?
I have had a few similar calls about holidays in hotel chains.

They talk about cheap holidays, and I just say we go camping, but they have to try and sell you something.

At the beginning I usually put the phone on speaker phone, tell them any time they want they can hang up, and at the start say my answer is no.

I keep doing what I am doing, and ask those sort of questions.
When they ask where do i go, I use as many aboriginal names as I can, like Borooloola, and Innamincka. It ends up being a good geography lesson for them on Australia. Some will even talk about where they are based.

It always ends up that what they want to sell you for two nights keeps us on the road for a week.

AnswerID: 366490

Sponsored Links