Total Care 4WD. Good service report!!!

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 03, 2009 at 22:16
ThreadID: 69488 Views:7687 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived

Related Pages

Hi everyone..... a quick report as I'm on someone elses Net..... on our way to Canberra, and through Sydney SWMBO noticed the left rear wheel on the GQ over heated, I wanted to take the truck somewhere reputable.... where to go??? And then I remembered Project TONI, so I got onto the Net at a cafe, got onto good old ExplorOz and searched for TONI, found a link to Total Care 4WD at Seven Hills, took the GQ to see Jason there and Voila!!! All Fixed!!!!

Jason's a damn good bloke, does damn good work and we found him through EO.... a damn good web site!!!!

Total Care 4WD Web Site.

Cheers

Brian
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John M (NSW) - Thursday, Jun 04, 2009 at 07:29

Thursday, Jun 04, 2009 at 07:29
Hi Brian

I will second your comments about Jason and Total Care 4wd at Sevin Hills.
Jason has been servicing my vehicles now for about 3 years and does a great job.
He has just finished a chassis strengthening job on my GU Patrol Ute and finished another excellent job.
Charges reasonable rates for excellent work.
I should have bought some shares in his company 3 years ago after all the money I have spent with him.

Highly recommend them to anyone in Sydney and travellers coming through who need a reliable service.
Regards
John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 368344

Follow Up By: Lotzi - Thursday, Jun 04, 2009 at 11:52

Thursday, Jun 04, 2009 at 11:52
Hi John

With the chassis strengthening work on the GU, was that for the rear coil/shock section, if so was there much involved?
I like the photos/ setup on the GU.

Thanks
Lotzi
FollowupID: 635926

Follow Up By: Member - John M (NSW) - Saturday, Jun 06, 2009 at 09:33

Saturday, Jun 06, 2009 at 09:33
Hi Lotzi
Sorry for the late reply, I have been away.
The chassis work was for the rear coil / chassis strengthening as after my last trip doing the 4wd Treks through Tassie the chassis and coil spring hangers developed some minor cracking and chassis distortion. Although no major failure it would have only been a matter of time so I decided to have this work done before failure occurred.
The truck comes in at 4.3 tonne when loaded for a trip so it is reasonably heavy and I tend to take more gear than I need and I to sometimes go into places that has pretty tough tracks which gives the chassis and suspension high loads with this weight. We normally travel alone so I carry plenty of gear to get me through places. My wife thinks I am a bit crazy but we always get through without damage and injury. I just take it steady in these areas hence the name "Slopokin".
The work took 7 days and the body and all the gear connected to under the tray had to be removed for access. I have 140 litres water, 2 x tool boxes, compressed air tank, spare tyre, water pump etc etc.

Jason did a great job and cost was $2k. He has all the templates for this work now. In addition to chassis doubler plates a cross member is now fitted across the top plates of the coil hangers and the chassis now feels a lot more stiffer.

Are you having problems in that area?
Regards
John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 636206

Reply By: Richard W (NSW) - Thursday, Jun 04, 2009 at 18:23

Thursday, Jun 04, 2009 at 18:23
Another happy customer who has used him for a few years. Sorted out my issue with the fan blade going through the radiator back in 06.
AnswerID: 368419

Reply By: On Patrol & TONI - Thursday, Jun 04, 2009 at 20:21

Thursday, Jun 04, 2009 at 20:21
Hi Brian, great to hear that Jason looked after you so well. I bet he was pleased to hear how you found him too. Happy travels mate.
Colin.
AnswerID: 368442

Follow Up By: Member Brian (Gold Coast) - Sunday, Jun 14, 2009 at 09:28

Sunday, Jun 14, 2009 at 09:28
Hi Colin,

Yep, he was pleased to hear how we came to find him...... and we are very pleased with his work!

Cheers

Brian

FollowupID: 637297

Sponsored Links