Colorado Bullbar

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 13, 2009 at 22:24
ThreadID: 69788 Views:7936 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Well the Grenade's gone, got a new Colorado Dual Cab, Has anyone got a Colorado with a Bullbar?. There are so many Bars on the market these days it is hard to know what to get. Looking for your preferences and opinions to help me decide. At the moment I am leaning towards Alloy to keep the weight down but do not want to have to keep it polished. I am allergic to washing and polishing cars.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Cheers Rosss.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Alloy c/t - Sunday, Jun 14, 2009 at 09:00

Sunday, Jun 14, 2009 at 09:00
TJM winch bar requires the purchase of their winch cradle , is heavy but is in effect a sump guard as well , powder coated =nil polishing.
AnswerID: 369883

Reply By: Member - Tony & Julie (FNQ) - Sunday, Jun 14, 2009 at 09:03

Sunday, Jun 14, 2009 at 09:03
The ARB whinch bar on front of my Rodeo will fit your Colorado. It is a steel winch bar. As Bars go its a bar :-). Alloy would be good but they were not available when I was looking for them. We use ours for scrub bashing - if you are not knocking down the occasional sapling then you will not need steel. Really the choice is yours depending on what you like, what you can source and what you can afford :-).

Cheers Tony
AnswerID: 369884

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Sunday, Jun 14, 2009 at 09:51

Sunday, Jun 14, 2009 at 09:51
Hi Rosss,

I am going through a similar decision making process at present.

Have just purchased a Colorado Dual cab LT-R diesel and need to set priorities as to what I add first.

I have ordered an ARB canopy and waiting for delivery, which takes about five weeks for colour matching.

Have looked at the ARB bars but they are all of steel construction and I also would prefer an alloy bar to keep the weight down. I am considering either a Holden brand bar or a Gitsham bar as mounted on the Jackaroo I still currently own and have yet to sell.

In all the years I have had the Gitsham alloy bar, I never got around to polishing it, but it still looks pretty good.

Bill.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 369892

Reply By: tim_c - Monday, Jun 15, 2009 at 11:59

Monday, Jun 15, 2009 at 11:59
I used an alloy bar from "Aussie Bullbars" (aka. Rallyspeed) on my Jackaroo. Apparently they are the mob that made the dealer fitted bars for the Jackaroo. They might have something for the Colorado.

They offered either polished finish or powdercoated and put on driving light and antenna brackets for me. The alloy bar was lighter than the original plastic bumper with all it's steel brackets!
AnswerID: 370053

Reply By: Cozzie - Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 00:31

Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 00:31
Hi
I have a East coast winch bar (ECB) on my Colorado It's powder coated alloy a real neat bar, they have a Colorado set up on there web hope this helps

http://www.ecb.com.au/dhtml/index.htm
AnswerID: 370231

Sponsored Links