Fruit Fly Exclusion Zone Via Cameron Corner

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 14, 2009 at 13:57
ThreadID: 69797 Views:2329 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all,
We are finally setting off from Sydney in 10 days to drive to Uluru via Cameron Corner, Strzelecki Track, Oodnadatta and are a bit unsure on something.
As we know it is illegal to carry fruit and vegs into SA, where after we cross into SA will we be able to stock up on these things?
Can you buy these at the Corner store or would we have to wait til we get to Lyndhurst or even Marree?
Thanks in advance.
Dobbo
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Kingsley N (SA) - Sunday, Jun 14, 2009 at 15:17

Sunday, Jun 14, 2009 at 15:17
Google is your friend. Don't worry, I've done it for you
exclusion zone

As long as you don't take fruit into this area you are OK. IE you can buy fruit in there and take it OUT.

So I would say Broken Hill is a good place to buy stuff on your route.

Cameron Corner has nothing much more than beer and fuel - although they do make a nice burger and chips. Oodnadata Pink Road house has good supplies.

Kingo

AnswerID: 369922

Follow Up By: Shaker - Sunday, Jun 14, 2009 at 15:29

Sunday, Jun 14, 2009 at 15:29
When we were at the Pink Roadhouse any fruit & vegetables were all but rotten, just up the road at the Co-operative they were much better.
FollowupID: 637327

Reply By: DOBBO60 - Sunday, Jun 14, 2009 at 17:40

Sunday, Jun 14, 2009 at 17:40
Kingo, thanks for the reply.
As we will be travelling to the Corner via White Cliffs and Tibooburra, it doesn't appear that we will be in the exsclusion zone anyway so we should be ok by taking our own supplies with us from Sydney but please correct me if I am wrong.
Cheers
AnswerID: 369938

Reply By: Gronk - Sunday, Jun 14, 2009 at 18:05

Sunday, Jun 14, 2009 at 18:05
I rang them only 2 days ago, and although I'm going to the Flinders Ranges via the dirt road at Yunta ( as the checkpoint is further along), I can take fruit and veges with me, but have been advised to ditch any before heading back down the tar towards Renmark..

You should have no probs where you are going..

You can also purchase fruit and veges outside the exclusion zone and take it in as long as it was purchased in SA and you have a reciept..
AnswerID: 369944

Reply By: Member - Ian R1 (QLD) - Monday, Jun 15, 2009 at 16:14

Monday, Jun 15, 2009 at 16:14
If Leigh Creek was on your itinerary have agreat little shopping centre with good range of groceries, meat, veg and fruit. Also has pub with bottle shop, PO with ATM. You wont get much choice in the places mentioned. Ian
AnswerID: 370094

Sponsored Links