Thank You ExplorOz and Members

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 17:02
ThreadID: 69879 Views:2835 Replies:8 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Just wanted to say a huge thank you to all who contribute to this site.

Months of planning and learning from here helped me have such a wonderful trip through QLD, NT, SA & NSW the last 3 weeks.

Plans changed due to the weather which made the whole trip just on 7000kms! It was amazing!

Learning about survival, tyre pressures, how to drive on certain road surfaces, mechanical advice, packing lists etc etc - all from this site - made everything enjoyable.

Stuff did happen, broken bits on my campervan, flat tyre (on the bitumen mind you - screw) - hence had to plug the tyre - and much more - but nothing fazed me - a fire and cuppa then sort the problem.Too easy!

So again - thank you everyone for your advice and encouragement. I'm hooked! Walkabout for me again soon.

:-)Image Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be Found
Lovin' it!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Oldplodder (QLD) - Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 17:04

Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 17:04
Great to hear you had a good trip.

You are giving me itchy feet again.
AnswerID: 370345

Follow Up By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 17:12

Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 17:12
LOL !! I wish people would shut up when im stuck at work!!! Glad the forum worked for you... Thats its purpose i guess!! Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

FollowupID: 637678

Reply By: Member - Tony & Julie (FNQ) - Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 17:20

Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 17:20
Best of Luck on the next Trip - Its all fun. Cheers Tony
AnswerID: 370349

Reply By: Member - barbara M (NSW) - Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 17:23

Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 17:23
Congratulations!
You have achieved something most people don't so be proud of yourself! Where did you camp at Cameron's Corner going out there in the school hols?
Keep it up and plan the next one.
Barb
AnswerID: 370350

Follow Up By: Member - Campergirl (NSW) - Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 18:49

Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 18:49
Hi Barb

Thanks for your kind words. Much appreciated.

Camped at Cameron Corner itself. Had a ball. The guys there are great. Sadly Bill finishes this Friday so I was so glad to meet him. Fenn the new guy and his family are just as crazy.

Was lucky that night that 3 Ultralight Planes landed there, drove up the road and through the gate to park right outside the store! Just madness in the outback!

Stayed at Wannaaring the next night at Moc & Sheree's pub. No cost and you just park out the side. Free hot showers and gas BBQ. They even found me some Milo (as I was craving some) and made me a cuppa. Wouldn't take any money. Had a great night with them in the pub. Sheree's nuts! (In a nice way).

Hope you all have a great trip.

:-)Image Could Not Be Found
Lovin' it!

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 637692

Reply By: Member - Redbakk (WA) - Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 17:39

Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 17:39
Well done Campergirl.....it's a great life and I am glad you are having a ball...might meet you on the road someday...cheers.

AnswerID: 370354

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 19:22

Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 19:22
Hi Campergirl
I am glad that you had a great trip. As you are now well aware, the people that offer help on this site are the things that make this the BEST site.

Great pictures.

All the best.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 370381

Reply By: Member - T N (Qld) - Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 19:26

Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 19:26
Good onya Campergirl, its good news that E O helped with your planning and you had a safe journey.
Good luck on your next adventure.
AnswerID: 370382

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 20:02

Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 20:02
Well done Campergirl.

You enjoyed your trip because you took the time to plan ahead and then change your plans on the fly as you must, when Mother Nature thumbs her nose at you.

Now for an important question.

What is your companion's Name? (looks like a boy)
You hooked me with the picture. I have a Border Collie too. His name is Charlie.
They are a wonderful breed of dog aren't they?
I kick mine and he just licks my boot in return. (just joking of course)

Great to read you enjoyed your trip and the other pics are great too.

Bill.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 370399

Follow Up By: Member - Campergirl (NSW) - Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 20:26

Tuesday, Jun 16, 2009 at 20:26
Hi Bill

Thank you. Learnt heaps!

My wonderful dog is Storm - a girl. I have 4 dogs in all - 2 Border Collies (the other is Jet - a male).

They take turns in coming away. It was Storm's turn. She's awesome - sleeps all day on the bed while I drive. Then stays awake all night in the front seat while I sleep. Never have a problem stopping anywhere with her.

She's actually put on weight after the trip. Whenever I camped where there were other people, they usually cooked up food for her too!!! A group of guys I met at Dalhousie (yes the local cop knew I had her there) cooked extra sausages and chops for her then brought them over! Didn't cook them for me.

As I travel alone, I always take a dog. I just respect the laws and always ask. haven't been knocked back from anywhere yet but they are very well behaved.

As they say - "Man's best friend"

Take care

:-)Image Could Not Be Found
Lovin' it!

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 637713

Reply By: Peter_n_Margaret - Wednesday, Jun 17, 2009 at 11:23

Wednesday, Jun 17, 2009 at 11:23
Campergirl, you do know that your life has now been changed, forever, don't you?

Cheers,
Peter.
OKA196 Motorhome
AnswerID: 370480

Follow Up By: Member -Signman - Wednesday, Jun 17, 2009 at 12:23

Wednesday, Jun 17, 2009 at 12:23
Yup- she's hooked now !! Has taken ' the drug' and there's no withdrawal therapy !! What's the bet the Mitsubishi will be in the For Sale section soon and she'll be looking to update- maybe to an OKA ??? Although I did many successful trips in our Mitsi van.
BTW- do you know there is a 4WD 'group' that's sort of (but not) part of the CMCA ?? The CMCA dropped the 4WD Special Interest Group, so quite a few have got together. There's even a 4WD Motorhome/Campervan group doing a Simpson Desert crossing now.
Cheers

FollowupID: 637814

Follow Up By: Peter_n_Margaret - Wednesday, Jun 17, 2009 at 20:17

Wednesday, Jun 17, 2009 at 20:17
Was aware that there was an attempt to resurect something, but not up to date with it.
Not heard about the Simpson thing at all.

Cheers,
Peter
FollowupID: 637885

Sponsored Links