Why go out of your way to trash anyone's camp???????

Submitted: Friday, Jun 19, 2009 at 21:11
ThreadID: 69994 Views:4704 Replies:18 FollowUps:16
This Thread has been Archived
Some members here will know that we have a bush camp in the Pilliga of NSW, photos of which are in my profile.
Over the past six weeks, we have been on a trip through central Qld, the NT, Alice and surrounds, SA, Vic and back home this week.
Whilst in Port Augusta on the June long weekend, we got a call from our eldest son, who had gone up to our bush property, 160 acres, in the Pilliga, north of Coonabarabran.
Over the previous month, some low lives have smashed their way into the 2 caravans, have trashed the insides with paint, oil and whatever else they could find. Generators and other tools have been stolen, windows smashed, the bush purpose navara ute trashed, plastic tables smashed, and the whole camp was virtually totalled.
First aid equipment was strewn and trashed, and a supply of basic food items ditto. The 4500ltr water tank was left intact.
I am lost for words.
I can understand if someone in an emergency needs shelter and food, but cannot find words to describe this wanton vandalism for no apparent reason, in a remote and beautiful area of Oz.
The local law is also gob smacked.
This camp will be restored, and the perpetrators of this deed will need to look over their shoulders for the rest of their lives.Image Could Not Be FoundThis is how it was, and I shall post some pics of what some low liveson this planet are capable of as they become available.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Uncle (NSW) - Friday, Jun 19, 2009 at 21:47

Friday, Jun 19, 2009 at 21:47
Fred, I'm lost for words, sorry to hear that. From what you described it sounds like the work of teenagers, and teenagers usually brag and talk. Not sure what the population of the nearest town is out there, but I'd be keeping an ear to the ground
Any sign of 4wd or bike tyres?.
It can take a while but sometimes the bastards can be caught. We had an incident years ago when we were rock climbing and a friends 4wd was parked high above in a secluded car park. Got back to the car and the bullbar with winch etc was all gone! One thing the idiots didn't get was the remote for the winch , that was in the glove box.I had a mate working at a 4wd parts store in town at the time, as we were nearly certain it was locals and sure enough, the moron, went in to get a price on a remote for a warn winch, the cops paid him a very big surprise visit!

cheer Unc.
AnswerID: 370972

Follow Up By: Member - Fred G NSW - Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 10:57

Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 10:57
We're 20 k's out of Coonabarabran, so I'm thinking they came from a nearby property, which you would hate to think of, and maybe the old bush telegraph will come up with something.

Cheers mate.
FollowupID: 638321

Reply By: Duncanm - Friday, Jun 19, 2009 at 21:48

Friday, Jun 19, 2009 at 21:48
Hello Fred, an absolute terrible situation, you must be devastated to say the least.

Even if they were to be found, even placing 100 garden gnomes were the sun doesn't shine to each of them wouldn't be good enough for the low lifes that did the damage.

It would be good to hope they are caught.

Duncan

AnswerID: 370973

Reply By: get outmore - Friday, Jun 19, 2009 at 21:51

Friday, Jun 19, 2009 at 21:51
never ask yourself why - it is a question that someone that has to ask it would not understand the answer

to clarify if you are not the sort of person to do such a thing you wouldnt understand the motives of those that would or their reasons for doing so
AnswerID: 370974

Reply By: Madfisher - Friday, Jun 19, 2009 at 21:58

Friday, Jun 19, 2009 at 21:58
Gee I am sorry to hear of this Fred, unbelievable. Keep your chin up mate.
Cheers Pete
AnswerID: 370975

Reply By: Member - DOZER- Friday, Jun 19, 2009 at 22:33

Friday, Jun 19, 2009 at 22:33
Fred
So sorry to hear you have been subjected to this by some thoughtless idiots...Khama is a word that i hope can be used here.....would you like a hand to clean up??
Andrew
AnswerID: 370977

Follow Up By: Member - Fred G NSW - Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 09:37

Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 09:37
That's a very kind offer Andrew, but we'll be OK mate, we are a large family and things are getting underway. I have 4 big, strong (and now very cranky) sons, and their mates as well.

Thanks mate.
FollowupID: 638310

Reply By: BenDiD - Friday, Jun 19, 2009 at 22:52

Friday, Jun 19, 2009 at 22:52
tough luck mate, all I can say is hope you find them before the wallopers do.

AnswerID: 370980

Reply By: Member - Brian R (WA) - Friday, Jun 19, 2009 at 22:59

Friday, Jun 19, 2009 at 22:59
I too, am sorry to hear your news, Fred, I am too far away to offer a hand but I will agree with the previous ....Kama....
If you are lucky to get your hands on them just wash their heads in the dunny...don't mark them...otherwise you will end up in the /////?????

Good luck mate
Brian R
AnswerID: 370981

Follow Up By: Member - Fred G NSW - Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 10:00

Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 10:00
There is an enclosed long drop there Brian, good thought.

Our kids have christened it the "Pilliga Opera House."
FollowupID: 638315

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Friday, Jun 19, 2009 at 23:11

Friday, Jun 19, 2009 at 23:11
Hi Fred
Like every one here on EO, my thoughts go out to you and one can only ask who and why would some low life do such things. There is a good saying, "what goes around, comes around"
I hope those that are responsible get their just desserts.

I am sorry to hear things like this happens in out of the way places.

All the best with the repairs and clean up

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 370982

Reply By: Member - Richard C (ACT) - Friday, Jun 19, 2009 at 23:13

Friday, Jun 19, 2009 at 23:13
If it is teenagers they probably filmed on their mobiles and it will appear on You Tube under idiots anonymous.

Richard
AnswerID: 370983

Reply By: landed eagle - Friday, Jun 19, 2009 at 23:40

Friday, Jun 19, 2009 at 23:40
G'day Fred, That sucks!

This sort of garbage has been going on for years . I recently deceased friend of mine was involved with the starting of the Hydro dams in SW Tassie. He and his team would go bush for weeks,relying on supply dumps around the area and on the West Coast of Tassie. The number of times they would arrive to find their supplies ransacked or stolen all together defies belief.
Idiots mainly, coming ashore in boats were responsible for most of it.Vehicular access to the area was virtually non existant.

Karma does catch up with people though. I used to be a pro musician. At a venue my band was playing at for 4 nights straight a VERY expensive guitar went missing from a secure lock up. (inside job....had to be). Was reported to police by its owner and the publican and insurance was involved. No-one ever charged................until 11 years later. The guy who stole it tried to pawn it off at a s/h instument store,run by the other guitarist in the band.The police were called, He didn't make it out of the shop, and the instrument was returned to its rightful owner.His house had quite a bit of stuff that wasn't exactly his too.
Most people who go around wrecking and stealing other peoples stuff never, ever amount to much in the grand scheme of things. They're bloody inconvenient bastards to run into though.
Karma.......karma.......karma........their time will come.
AnswerID: 370991

Reply By: Member - daz (SA) - Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 00:35

Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 00:35
It is just beyond belief that some pricks would do a thing like this.

How the hell can you get pleasure making some one elses life a misery.

Our great way of life unfortunately allows some people to breed this sort of di.. Head

& then some do gooder would want them counselled & helped.

Tell the judge they had a hard time as a kid. They are "victims"

A Marama dog that can look after it self for months & guards live stock or chooks or what ever may be a good bet. They have a hell of a bark & put most cowards off.

Keep your chin up Fred

Daz

AnswerID: 370994

Reply By: Richard Kovac - Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 02:46

Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 02:46
Fred

I feel sorry for what has happen and my only hope is that it was young people that did it, not older people that should know better.

My only problem (and I can understand the reasons) is "This camp will be restored, and the """perpetrators of this deed will need to look over their shoulders for the rest of their lives.""""

Is that a waning or a threat?

Regards

Richard
AnswerID: 370996

Follow Up By: Ozboc - Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 07:35

Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 07:35
i would say a suggestion !

Boc
FollowupID: 638292

Follow Up By: Stu & "Bob" - Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 08:23

Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 08:23
Or a promise!!
FollowupID: 638294

Follow Up By: Toadkeeper Jo aka Qlder Jo - Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 08:39

Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 08:39
So what if it is a warning or a threat Richard?

It was His property and thoughtless scum have gone onto His Land and trashed and destroyed His property.
FollowupID: 638295

Follow Up By: Ozboc - Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 08:43

Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 08:43
Agree with above - to my way of thinking - if i enter a very large property , there is a very good chance the owner of the property is also a gun owner , so i will be on my best behaviour whilst there

the law works the wrong way -- does not help the innocent but protects the criminal

Boc
FollowupID: 638296

Follow Up By: Member - Fred G NSW - Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 09:56

Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 09:56
That's a promise Richard. I am not a vindictive person, but I have a long memory, and by nature I'm a bit inquisitive, so I want to know what they were thinking ;-)

Fred
FollowupID: 638314

Follow Up By: Richard Kovac - Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 13:06

Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 13:06
Thanks Fred

I hope everthing turns out Ok.

Cheers

Richard
FollowupID: 638331

Reply By: Ozboc - Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 07:27

Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 07:27
yup hopefully Karma will sort this one out - friend of mine had the same experience recently -- i went to his 200 acre property at Brogo ( near Bega) when we get to the house -- all windows smashed - doors kicked in - extensive damage inside

they even dumped a car there ??

what goes through the mind of these people ..... i know what should be going through there minds.... .22

I suggested that he should get a sign made up saying due to vandelism there are now hidden cameras in the trees with wireless feed back to a base station ....

most people wont hang around too long to try to look for such a thing if its there or not and in this day and age - cameras can be as small as a thimble

Boc

AnswerID: 370998

Follow Up By: Member - Fred G NSW - Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 09:49

Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 09:49
Yeah Boc, ya just gotta shake your head in disbelief.
We're rattling a few chains with neighbours (and their not close by) in case it was any of their kids. Most of the nearby properties are similar to ours, and not occupied all year round. These had to have come from a nearby property.

Fred
FollowupID: 638313

Reply By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 07:35

Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 07:35
Pretty sad Fred but this has been a problem since the beginning of time. There are some people that just dont want others to have what they are too lazy to work for. I read on a tee shirt somewhere.... Some people are alive only because its illegal to kill them!!! You could eradicate half of the population and the world would be a better place... Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 370999

Follow Up By: On Patrol & TONI - Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 09:02

Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 09:02
My deepest commiserations FredG that's the depths of depravity, frustrating for you & sad for them that they have nothing better to look forward to in life than hurting decent people.

Michael
your idea has a double delight in it!!!! less people means more space for the good ones.

Cheers Colin.
FollowupID: 638301

Follow Up By: Member - Fred G NSW - Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 10:10

Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 10:10
As I said Colin, if someone needed food or shelter in an emergency, it was there, without having to resort to mindless destruction. No food was taken, just trashed.
I know this is an everyday event in towns and cities, but out in the bush ???????

Thanks mate.
FollowupID: 638317

Follow Up By: Member - Duke (TAS) - Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 21:09

Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 21:09
Fred,
They are called Oxygen wasters, as others have said "what goes round comes round" and hopefully bites them on their rear-end big time. Great thing the Bush Telegraph, you will eventually find the Culprits.
Duke
FollowupID: 638381

Reply By: Member - Fred G NSW - Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 09:31

Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 09:31
Thanks guys (and gals) for your support and offers, but we are underway with cleaning up, and will have to re assess to what extent we repair the vans, and what equipment we leave there in fhe future. We had it self sufficient, so anyone just had to arrive, light the campfire and relax, just like coming home.
The vans were our old travel vans, pensioned off as we took them off the road, and set them up, up there, and they served the purpose beautifully.
It had to be young people out on motor bikes, who happened to stumble across it. It is out of the way, out of sight (very heavily timbered), no close neighbours, and private property signs are displayed prominently at the boundary gates, which are locked, however the place isn't fully fenced.
Sad thing is the son took our youngest grandaughter (4 yrs) up there for the first time, and she was really excited about going bush and camping, having seen lots of photos and heard lots of stories from the older kids. She got scared, and he had to take her back home, and she doesn't want to go back.
We can restore the place fairly quickly, but they took something from this little one that may take some time to restore.

Thanks all.
AnswerID: 371010

Reply By: Richard W (NSW) - Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 10:22

Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 10:22
Fred,

Sorry to hear mate. Must have hurt you that people can do this sort of thing to a place you so much love.
Hope the buggers are caught.
AnswerID: 371011

Reply By: Member -Dodger - Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 10:50

Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 10:50
Sorry to hear about your trouble Fred.
Our 4wd club is touring the Piliga tomorrow and if we see anything out of the ordinary I assure you it will be reported to the Authorities.
We too are sick and tired of this wanton vandalism that is seemingly more prevailant these days. We have reported instances with pics in the past and will continue to do so.
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Cheers Dodg.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 371015

Follow Up By: Member - Fred G NSW - Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 11:06

Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 11:06
Ta Dodg. I won't be back up there for a week or two now. If you need a place to camp with long drop and water, and unlimited firewood, MM me or call 0428369947.
Kim and his damn dog were calling in there in a few weeks time on their way to the top.

Cheers mate

Fred.
FollowupID: 638323

Follow Up By: Member -Dodger - Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 11:15

Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 11:15
Thanks Fred , but it is only a day trip as we are from Dubbo.
However will remember your kindness.
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Cheers Dodg.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 638325

Follow Up By: Member - Fred G NSW - Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 14:20

Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 14:20
Right'o mate. Have a good day up there..... nice at the moment out amongst the Ironbark and Cypress Pine.
Offer stands anytime.
FollowupID: 638341

Reply By: Kim and Damn Dog - Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 22:12

Saturday, Jun 20, 2009 at 22:12
Gidday Fred

What can I say that hasn’t been said before? We were only talking about the value of a bush retreat on Friday.

With a bit of luck, a mate will be coming with me who’s a capable fella. If that turns out to be the case, we’ll load up the tub with the necessary tools to help you out over a few days. If there’s anything you need before our arrival send me an MM.

We’ll leave Melbourne on Monday week, then head up to Tilterweira Station for a few days. I’ll give you a call prior to leaving, then catch up.

Regards

Kim
AnswerID: 371091

Sponsored Links