Heading to Ningaloo

Well its that time of year again to head off to Ningaloo.Packing the van and troopy and then we are off.
Check list: Quad bike,Beer port for the cool nights,food, water, fishing gear, Engel, solar panels,gas ,fuel for bike, loo, shower tent,tent poles, what the heck more beer and port,hook up the van now ready to go.hang on I have this strange feeling I have forgotten some thing did I turn off the gas stove?definitely got the beer and port???????? sh@#^& the wife.
All jokes a side we are both looking forward to joining the grey nomads and heading to the sunshine.
Almost never made it this year there always seem to be some reason why we shouldn't go but last Monday was a wake up call we attended our sister in laws funeral,only 58 yrs young so said to my wife lets get packed and hit the road and what ever will be will be when we get home.
We will be staying at Jane Bay south of the Homestead for 4 weeks should be there by the weekend so if anyone is around at that time feel free to call us up on the twoway {call sign is "kiteman"}and drop in for a drink and a chat.

cheers
Glyn & Jo
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Beatit (QLD) - Wednesday, Jun 24, 2009 at 09:51

Wednesday, Jun 24, 2009 at 09:51
Hi Glyn,

Sounds like a good trip and I agree with you on doing these things while you can. Life can certainly throw a curve ball and I lost a good mate last year so the saying that you should live everyday like it’s your last makes good sense to me. It is just too easy to make excuses for not doing things like travel as we all like to feel comfortable with the life we have made for ourselves.

Hope you have a great trip and that you’ll be wondering why you didn’t do it sooner.

Kind regards
AnswerID: 371624

Reply By: Member - joc45 (WA) - Wednesday, Jun 24, 2009 at 11:17

Wednesday, Jun 24, 2009 at 11:17
Sounds great! It's been about 6 years since I've camped on the beach up there at Winderabandi and it was brilliant. Only had a week there, so you're making me envious...
Re the untimely passing of your SIL, sorry to hear the bad news, but yes, it's a wake-up call. Do it now while you can; you're dead a long time. That's why I decided to pull the pin at 55. No regrets.
Have a great time
Gerry
AnswerID: 371635

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Wednesday, Jun 24, 2009 at 12:13

Wednesday, Jun 24, 2009 at 12:13
OH you lucky lucker buggers - I wish it was me - we had a party on the weekend with our usual Ningaloo group and we were trying to convience each other that we should just pack and go now. Though I am still in the office.

Say hi to Phil & Jane from Michelle & David at ExplorOz - we are hoping to see them next year.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 371642

Reply By: Drew - Karratha - Wednesday, Jun 24, 2009 at 13:26

Wednesday, Jun 24, 2009 at 13:26
I havent been for 2 years (kids) but went every year before that since about '86. We are leaving Bunbury Fri arvo - straight through to Carnarvon for 2 nights, 2 nights at Coral Bay where I will leave the wife and kids for 3 nights (next Wed, Thur, Fri) while I stay at Ningaloo in the shack behind the homestead - cant wait!!!
AnswerID: 371649

Follow Up By: Member - Peter H (WA) - Wednesday, Jun 24, 2009 at 16:12

Wednesday, Jun 24, 2009 at 16:12
Now I'm jealous. I'm in Bunbury and its doing nothing but rain. Supposed to blow its tits off all weekend so its not going to be pleasant.

I agree you have to live life like its on purpose. I lost my mum in April and she was only 68. We are hoping to hit the road full time late next year.

Regards

Peter
FollowupID: 638922

Reply By: wallabyjack5 - Wednesday, Jun 24, 2009 at 17:05

Wednesday, Jun 24, 2009 at 17:05
We are just walking out the door.
The post was't to make people jealous,well maybe a little bit but was to say get out and do it while you can.
Thanks everyone for replies

Glyn
AnswerID: 371671

Sponsored Links