Use of workshop in Alice Springs

Submitted: Saturday, Jul 04, 2009 at 20:11
ThreadID: 70398 Views:2076 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
I am travelling with a mate who has a crack in his front axle that he needs to v-out and weld in some reinforcement. He has had a string of bad luck with his car (GU patrol) and would like to find a workshop with spare room in Alice Springs where he could do this work himself. Does anyone have any suggestions who he could ask?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Tony & Julie (FNQ) - Sunday, Jul 05, 2009 at 11:20

Sunday, Jul 05, 2009 at 11:20
Sometimes you just have to let someone else do it - This is one of those times I would suggest. Owners of workshops have overheads that need to be paid for and have to consider that it is too risky with WHS Legislation. Now if you were near me you could use my shed but......... Cheers Tony
AnswerID: 373153

Reply By: Hairy (NT) - Monday, Jul 06, 2009 at 10:05

Monday, Jul 06, 2009 at 10:05
Gday,
You need to give out a lot more info than that mate (or matette)
1. Start with a name or call sign......
2. Is your mate a qualified welder, or at least very expierienced at welding in workshops?
3. Do you have your own gear and are just after are shed.
4. Are you supplying consumables and materials, or are you prepared to pay for them.
5. Are you planning on taking the part in to a workshop and welding it or do you plan on pulling the vehicle down there too?
6. How long is it going to take?

Im not saying people wont help out, but think of it this way.....
If I turned up in a sydney restaurant with the Mrs and kids and asked if we could borrow their kitchen I reckon I would have do I bit more explaining than "Im having a bit of bad luck" before they let me in?

Ps "V-out and weld some reinforcement into an axle"??????? Your mate is either , very good or very game?

Give us some more info.

Cheers
Hairy
AnswerID: 373286

Follow Up By: Member - Pesty (SA) - Monday, Jul 06, 2009 at 21:02

Monday, Jul 06, 2009 at 21:02
He could pull in next to your beer fridge mate, and watch you do it for him LOL
You gotta feel sorry for these nissan drivers, they need mates in every town !!!

Cheers Pesty
FollowupID: 640526

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Monday, Jul 06, 2009 at 21:20

Monday, Jul 06, 2009 at 21:20
hahahahaha....why do you think I've gone broke??????

But I've a got a mate in every town in Aus' who always has a well-stocked beer fridge because of the cheques i keep sending 'em....hahahaha
FollowupID: 640528

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Monday, Jul 06, 2009 at 21:21

Monday, Jul 06, 2009 at 21:21
BTW.....how do people get to post on here without having a "handle"???
FollowupID: 640529

Follow Up By: Hairy (NT) - Tuesday, Jul 07, 2009 at 17:45

Tuesday, Jul 07, 2009 at 17:45
Gday Pesty/Roachie,
Dont know about that? It would have been me sitting next to the beer fridge and him doing the work! Sounds like hes not going to reply anyway, and Im back to so hes on his own.
Yeah, the no handle thing was a bit strange hey?

Cheers
FollowupID: 640609

Sponsored Links