Drysdale River Station

Submitted: Sunday, Jul 05, 2009 at 01:17
ThreadID: 70402 Views:1999 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We had the pleasure of camping at DRS on two separate nights on our way up and back from Mitchell Plateau. All we can say is a big thank you to Anne, her family and staff for looking after us. We had a great camping spot, hot showers, great meals and bleep hot hospitality! Their drinking water looked after us no probs and we were still using it in Broome because it tasted better. All in all a welcome oasis in the Kimberley with friendly faces and a joke (at my expense). My Missus is feeling the heat because I want her to front up with a Drysdale Roast each night - no joy so far - hmmm, it's only a 12 hour drive from Darwin, maybe I'll be in time for a beer and Dinner - I'll have the lamb shanks!!!
Keep up the good work - I appreciate it.
BT
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: MARIC - Sunday, Jul 05, 2009 at 20:09

Sunday, Jul 05, 2009 at 20:09
glad you enjoyed it, we did when we went up to the Plateau in 2004, took a helicopter trip from the plateau to the coast and back for a spot of sightseeing
It is only when you see mosquito land on your testicles that you find another way to solve problems without violence

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 373228

Reply By: MobiCondo - Sunday, Jul 05, 2009 at 21:02

Sunday, Jul 05, 2009 at 21:02
Good posts here folks.
We enjoyed the friendliness of all the staff, their excellent facilities and fabulous dining in June 2007.
Well recommended and would stay again if we get the chance to be that way.
Preferred the station paddock area with ablutions etc over the river patch a few k away.
Did the 2 hour flight to Mitchell Plateau as well to top it all off.
Magic stuff all round.
Mobi
AnswerID: 373237

Sponsored Links