Simpson Desert Trip August 09

Hi,

Me and my better half are heading out to the Simpson in August and were wondering if anyone else is doing the same? Maybe we could meet up and tag-a-long. It's always safer and more interesting with others.

Basic plan is Sydney to Flinders, Oonadatta, Mt Dare, Birdsville, Innaminka, Corner Country and back to Sydney. We are taking a month but will probably be at Mt Dare within 7-10 days. We are leaving Sydney on August 3rd.

If your interested reply here or PM me and we can get in touch.

Cheers,
HB
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Monday, Jul 06, 2009 at 17:49

Monday, Jul 06, 2009 at 17:49
Don't panic - the Simpson in August will be likecentral station! Plenty of people travelling through
AnswerID: 373334

Reply By: Member - Robert M (QLD) - Monday, Jul 06, 2009 at 20:50

Monday, Jul 06, 2009 at 20:50
Hi HB, I will be out there then but going in the opposite direction, leaving Brisbane on the 1st heading to Cameron's Corner then Innaminka , Birdsville and Mt Dare, Alice Springs.Keep an eye out for a white 79 series with grey dusty canopy..
Cheers
Rob Mac
AnswerID: 373366

Reply By: aeiou - Monday, Jul 06, 2009 at 21:12

Monday, Jul 06, 2009 at 21:12
Hi,

I personally know of two groups doing almost the same as you.
Each has 9 well equipt 4WDS leaving Flinders Ranges on 17 and 18 Aug finishing in birdsville about 3 weeks later. Seems like there are lots of people out there at that time.

Enjoy
AnswerID: 373376

Reply By: Heifer Boy - Monday, Jul 06, 2009 at 23:21

Monday, Jul 06, 2009 at 23:21
We aren't worrying out no-one else being out there but it would be kind of nice to meet up with someone else going the same way. We'll keep an eye out for the others going east/west though. We are in a white Rodeo with a rooftop tent on the rear.

Has anyone who has been out there before got any advice on what the fly situation is in the Simpson? We did a trip to the Flinder a few years back around Oct/Nov and got driven out of Arkaroola by the flys. We are sorting out a screen room for the Simpson but it would be interesting to now how other got on.

HB
AnswerID: 373395

Reply By: Member - Peter & Pam B (VIC) - Wednesday, Aug 05, 2009 at 09:52

Wednesday, Aug 05, 2009 at 09:52
Hi HB .. Peter here .. Belgrave Sth - Melbourne. We are heading up the Simpson , leaving Friday 7th August with mate - two vehicles -2 couples - 100 serias & Nissan. We will be going from West to East. We are all set up for it. My wife is with Victoria Police & sais that the Police 4wd club will be doing the crossing mid August too. I think there will be quite a few people on the track.
If you want to call me - phone - hm - 03-97525910 - evening.
SKYPE - peterbradley5910.
AnswerID: 377613

Sponsored Links