Info on getting a Zip in floor for Camper Trailer

Submitted: Tuesday, Sep 16, 2003 at 23:30
ThreadID: 7268 Views:1645 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,
We are in patterson Lakes melb and would like a zip in floor as our little man doesnt fit between us anymore on the big king size bed and the floor is not creepy crawly safe.
We have the floor section that sits there but would like to zip it in.
How much would it cost- any one jnow of canvass or tent fixerupperers.
Thanks
Maresa
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: jules - Wednesday, Sep 17, 2003 at 11:30

Wednesday, Sep 17, 2003 at 11:30
Re a zip in floor - there is a guy in Centre Dandenong Road - Cheltenham - name of Ray -he is in a private house between Grange Road and Warrigal Road - has a crude hand painted sign - cheap tarps tent repairs etc - sorry don't know his phone number - but did an excellent job for us (not zip in floor) with some work on our camper - would recommend him highly.
AnswerID: 31306

Reply By: Maresa - Wednesday, Sep 17, 2003 at 14:55

Wednesday, Sep 17, 2003 at 14:55
Thanks Jules
My hubby drives past that sign everyday. Got the number so shall call him. Thanks
Maresa
AnswerID: 31327

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Wednesday, Sep 17, 2003 at 19:02

Wednesday, Sep 17, 2003 at 19:02
Thought of Outback Canvas on Frankston Dande road Carrum Downs??
AnswerID: 31350

Reply By: Member - Alex B - Wednesday, Sep 17, 2003 at 19:05

Wednesday, Sep 17, 2003 at 19:05
Hi Meresa, we live in Patterson Lakes too –we’ll have to see if we can catch up and share some traveling yarns :-)
Re the zips – I have used the guy above for some canvas work and he did do a good job at a good price.
I also had a zipper repaired by ‘Ace All Covers’ 9772 1277 – they are in Ashley Park Drive (runs parallel to Wells Road..near MacKay Trailers) They were fantastic –did a real good job on our tent –they do a lot of zipper work etc. Well worth a call.

Our email is alex@resultsnow.com.au
Cheers
Alex & Cheryle
AnswerID: 31351

Reply By: Member - Rohan K - Thursday, Sep 18, 2003 at 17:02

Thursday, Sep 18, 2003 at 17:02
Maresa, may I ask why a zipper? All campertrailer manufactures we spoke to while researching our purchase recoiled at the suggestion. Many reasons for not putting a zipper in were proferred. The most common were : A zipper is not robust enough to withstand the constant strain applied to that particular join; and at that level (close to the ground) a lot of dirt and debris get caught in the zipper and damages/jams the mechanism.

Most manufactures either sew the floor in or use velcroe (even then they recommend minimal removal and fitting as dirt can also peretrate velcroe and render it ineffective. Our floor is velcroed in which allows easy removal if repair were ever necessary but we do not remove it for any other reason.Smile, you're on ExplorOz
Rohan (Sydney - on the QLD side of the Harbour Bridge)
AnswerID: 31434

Sponsored Links