Need to Hire a 4x4 Soft Top

Submitted: Friday, Sep 19, 2003 at 00:26
ThreadID: 7306 Views:1550 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Coming to Oz for the World Cup and want to Rent a 4x4 soft top for about 14 days.

Arrive Brisbane on the 9th November then Leave Sydney on the 24th.

Going to use the vechicle to drive down the coast and to get us about in between.

Pay going rate and any transport fees to get the Vechicle back to Brisbane.

Let me know

Cheers

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: tristjo - Friday, Sep 19, 2003 at 02:44

Friday, Sep 19, 2003 at 02:44
Northy,

A couple of questions. Why does it have to be a 4x4, and why does it have to be a softop?? I would much prefer to be driving a Commodore or a Falcon if all you are intending to do is drive on the bitumen.

Do a search on Avis Hire Cars, Euro Hire cars, or Budget Rentals, and you should find all the info you need.
AnswerID: 31482

Follow Up By: Willie - Friday, Sep 19, 2003 at 08:02

Friday, Sep 19, 2003 at 08:02
Hi Northy,

I agree with tristjo. You will fry your brains in a soft top in November. Better look for an airconditioned car. The coast road you mention and most roads inbetween are all sealed. Enjoy your stay.
Cheers,
Willie
Never a dull moment
FollowupID: 22420

Follow Up By: Old Soldier - Friday, Sep 19, 2003 at 09:40

Friday, Sep 19, 2003 at 09:40
G'day northy,

Agree with all aof the above. You will absolutely "boil your brains" in that part of our great land if you drive with the top down in November.

You should get a small airconditioned sedan [or a hard top 4wd if you want to explore a bit off road], and get it from one of the big companies like Hertz, Budget or Avis.

That way you can reach a deal where you pick the vehicle in one capital city [Brissie] and leave it in another [Sydney]

Enjoy your trip.

I'm sure you will also enjoy seeing us keep what is rightfully ours :):):):):)

DennisN
FollowupID: 22429

Reply By: Matt M - Friday, Sep 19, 2003 at 10:03

Friday, Sep 19, 2003 at 10:03
If you own a soft top in Bris as I did, the only time you get the top off is in WINTER!!!! You will roast your little butt off Sept-Aprl!!

Get a nice sedan or a coupe if its an image you want, but make sure if its convertable, it electric and you can drop it for a few hrs after sundown!!
AnswerID: 31497

Sponsored Links