Pebbly Beach Camping Ground

Submitted: Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 18:48
ThreadID: 7519 Views:5060 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi guys

Has anyone camped at Pebbly Beach camping ground approx 50klms north of Coffs Harbour NSW?

If so can you tell me what the site is like and what facilities are available, especially fresh water. Also are there areas of shade available.

Thanks in advancePT
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Wim (Bris) - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 07:36

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 07:36
Paul.
Info on Pebbly Beach.

http://members.optushome.com.au/nudebeaches/Unofficial.html

Hope this is what you are looking for :-))

PS. sorry could not help myself.

RegardsThis 4WD stuff is addictive,
time consuming & expensive.
AnswerID: 32452

Reply By: Rod - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 08:08

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 08:08
Hi

Tried to visit Pebbly Beach 12 months ago. Discovered the place by accident and was probably unprepared. The problem was that the track leading to the beach was *very* soft sand and I got bogged with my camper trailer and spent many hours trying to get back out. There was evidence of other people getting bogged as the track was littered with npws supplied firewood where people had tried to build the track up. Coming back out of the beach, the track has a gradual incline for a couple of kilometers in soft sand.

A lightly loaded, aired down 4wd may have no problems. I was not lightly loaded. Turned around before I got to the beach.

Good luck.
AnswerID: 32453

Reply By: flappan - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 08:43

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 08:43
Been there . . . absoluletly top place.

We never got bogged once, you need to be prepared for normal sand driving, reduce pressures etc. The final crossing of a small creek is best done at low tide (obviously) it can be quite deep with the tide in.

Excellent toilet facilities, the new style composting sort, quite a bit of shade . . . but BYO water.

Get in quick because reports are its about to be closed . . . would be a major shame . . .
AnswerID: 32461

Sponsored Links