Mounting Camper trailer battery

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 14, 2010 at 22:45
ThreadID: 75213 Views:6317 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I am going to install a battery to our 7x4 oztrail/tymere camper trailer in the near future. I have searched high and low on the net and on the forums and have found very few pics/examples of how people have mounted their battery to the trailer. I am not putting it in the toolbox, I will be mounting it to the back left step/tray.

Can anyone post pics or links on how to mount and examples of how they have mounted the battery to their trailer?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Sigmund (VIC) - Friday, Jan 15, 2010 at 07:25

Friday, Jan 15, 2010 at 07:25
Here ya go

click me

Custom box, fits 2 batts with smart charger fixed above them and w/proof power socket

AnswerID: 399497

Reply By: Peter_n_Margaret - Friday, Jan 15, 2010 at 10:02

Friday, Jan 15, 2010 at 10:02
Make sure you buy a Gel or AGM battery or you will destroy it with vibrations mounted there.

Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 Motorhome.
AnswerID: 399527

Reply By: putty_sydney - Friday, Jan 15, 2010 at 11:13

Friday, Jan 15, 2010 at 11:13
Hi Sigmund,
I must be missing something because none of the pics posted on the link are showing. DO you have to be a member or registered to see them?

I'll be going for the AGM batteries and most likely with the kit from sidewinder.com.au. I just really need some pics to see how different people have mounted the battery.
AnswerID: 399543

Follow Up By: Member - The Bushwhackers -NSW - Friday, Jan 15, 2010 at 16:19

Friday, Jan 15, 2010 at 16:19
Hi Putty
Be blowed if I can see anything from that link either.

Just out of interest, how are you finding your camper? I have the same brand, bought it from 5 Star Campers at Belmont, near Newcastle. Just about to turn 3 years old.

The tent section is a Oztrail Camper 9.

I plan on fitting a battery box too, not sure of location as yet, still considering pro's and con's.

I also will be going with Derek from ABR Sidewinder, have bought from him before... top bloke.

Good luck with this, I will keep watching this thread.

Dave
FollowupID: 668561

Reply By: putty_sydney - Friday, Jan 15, 2010 at 16:29

Friday, Jan 15, 2010 at 16:29
I bought my camper from Bruce at Five Star as well. He sells the battery kit installed for $699. I am thinking I may get him just to do the lot for me because that is quite a good price.

We have done quite a lot of trips and are about to do 2 weeks down the darling river run. The camper is great and have had no problems apart form having to seal it off from the dust and rain. The roughest track we have taken it on would be the bridal track through Hill end and the longest trip would be the one we just did from Sydney>Wauchope>Walcha>Bingara>Manilla>Nundle>Sydney. We're also about to receive the full Drifta package for the Darling river run.

I'm really keen for anyone to post picks or send links of how they have setup their battery systems on their camper trailer as I am capable of doing this all myself.
AnswerID: 399592

Sponsored Links