Help, I have lost my video camera

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 16, 2010 at 12:01
ThreadID: 75252 Views:2585 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
My wife, 3 children and myself have just spent 3 1/2 months travelling on the east coast. On our way home we stopped at the dingo fence cattle grid about 100km east of Nullarbor on Wednesday 13 January around 4pm in the afternoon. We were taking some video footage and got distracted doing something else and put the camera on the tow bar of the caravan. We forgot about it and drove off. We stopped about 90 kms later to do some more videoing and realised what had happened. I unhitched the caravan at the Nullarbor Roadhouse and went back to look for it, but there was no evidence of it. There was no debris on the road to suggest it had been run over and I searched the area on the verge where I thought it could be. We are hoping someone spotted it and picked it up. I have made a report with Ceduna and Eucla Police stations and contacted Yalata Community. I don't care about the camera but the footage on it is priceless. If you know someone who has crossed the Nullarbor in the last few days can you please, please aks them they found it. If you can help, please email me at aclane@live.com.au.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Horacehighroller - Saturday, Jan 16, 2010 at 14:20

Saturday, Jan 16, 2010 at 14:20
Sorry to hear about that.

It is surprising how far something like that can travell, particularly on a smooth road and down low out of the wind.

I hope someone finds it for you.

We lost a new camera (attempted carjacking) in Europe with hours of precious footage. Insurance covered the camera, but obviously can't replace the films.

Good luck,

Peter
HZJ 105 n/a auto Melbourne
AnswerID: 399730

Reply By: PradOz - Saturday, Jan 16, 2010 at 14:59

Saturday, Jan 16, 2010 at 14:59
Hope you get the video camera and/or footage back soon. When I bought my current Jayco Swan camper van home to Sydney from Bega I thought i would give it a good pressure wash clean. After that I got underneath it for a good look and found a pair of sunglasses sitting on part of the chassis. No idea how long they could have been sitting there. I was really surprised they lasted the long journey home. Good luck....
AnswerID: 399734

Sponsored Links