Caravan Wieght Distribution bars

Submitted: Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 22:18
ThreadID: 7545 Views:3601 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Everyone,

Not sure if anyone hear will be able to help, but we are currently looking for a solution to a minor problem being experienced.

My mum has very recently purchased a caravan to do some travelling around Oz, and its been highly recommend that a set of 4 bar wieght distribution bars be used, but she is looking like she won't be able to lift them high enough to sit the bars into the brackets on the caravan a-frame. Does anyone have any suggestions that may help to overcome this problem, or make it easier to get the bars up and into the brackets.

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Don C.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Peter L - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 22:26

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 22:26
1/ Lower the caravan A bar onto the towball.
2/ Once connected properly wind up the jockey wheel as far as it will go taking the car up with it.
3/ Hook up the bars.
4/ Lower the jockey wheel and put into transport mode.
AnswerID: 32558

Reply By: Hoffy - Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 08:28

Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 08:28
There is a lifting device availabel from caravan people that hooks on the drawbar of the caravan and goes under the weight distribution bar. It is around 400-500 mm long from memory and is designed specifically for doing the job your mother requires. Any good caravan accessories place should have these. I do not know the price but as it is quite simple I guess thery are quite cheap.

Keith
AnswerID: 32573

Reply By: Member - Alan - Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 15:39

Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 15:39
In WA there is/was a device called a "Backsaver" which is made for this purpose , as previosly mentioned try a caravan shop/yard and I'm sure they will steer you in the right direction.

Regards

Alan
AnswerID: 32607

Reply By: Member - Roger - Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 17:22

Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 17:22
Donc,
I have a lifting device for my bars they are available from most caravan acc places. Mine cost $35 and is a real back saver. Got it at the Sydney Super Show.
Try www.carvansupplies.com.au

Regards
Dodg
AnswerID: 32616

Sponsored Links