Boardfree by David Cornthwaite

Submitted: Friday, Feb 05, 2010 at 23:35
ThreadID: 75809 Views:2570 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
You may recall that crazy pom that we sponsored In Oct - Dec 2009 doing the Great Big Paddle - Dave Cornthwaite. He popped in to our office a fortnight ago in his final week in Australia and we all shared a beer and a chat. He's a really really nice guy. Humble, passionate, professional, and clearly talented. He left us with a small gift - a signed copy of the book he wrote after his first Australian expedition - Boardfree - in 2006 he skateboarded (yes) from Perth to Sydney then up to Brisbane over 6000km. As a warm up, the story tells of BFUK - Boardfree UK - where he skated from the tip of the UK (John O' Groates is it?) to the bottom at Land's End. I haven't yet finished the book, but I'm hoping to finish it this weekend and I'm really enjoying it, although its a young hip style of the travel genre. Just wondering if anyone else has read it? He wrote it in 2 months after his trip which impressed me. He is clearly a "doer". So think of him home now in snowy UK - he's holed up somewhere writing his book on his adventure paddling the Murray River. Well done I say. If you haven't yet read his blogs from the paddling trip we recently sponsored him to do - I recommend you take a look. Quite a few have video blogs. He'll be back soon promoting the book and has offered to write for ExplorOz too so stay tuned for interesting things to come on that topic.

Michelle
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Friday, Feb 05, 2010 at 23:37

Friday, Feb 05, 2010 at 23:37
He's the link to his Member blog - Site Link
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------