NSW rego to WA rego

Submitted: Wednesday, Feb 24, 2010 at 15:09
ThreadID: 76295 Views:1841 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Im considering the purchase of a motorcycle in Sydney and having it trucked to Perth.
Will I have to do any paperwork in NSW before I send it to Perth,eg will I have to to transfer it into my name in NSW.
I was hoping to avoid having to pay 2 lots of transfer fees and stamp duty
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: _gmd_pps - Wednesday, Feb 24, 2010 at 15:27

Wednesday, Feb 24, 2010 at 15:27
only once.
there is a grace period of 2 weeks within you have to register change of ownership.
You do this in WA and they will notify NSW. Mind you we have done that with QLD and it took a while until they got the message :)) ..
You have to go to the pits in WA first and with the test slip you go to the licensing department and register. done
good luck
AnswerID: 405762

Follow Up By: Member - ross m (WA) - Wednesday, Feb 24, 2010 at 17:57

Wednesday, Feb 24, 2010 at 17:57
Thanks GMD.
FollowupID: 675499

Reply By: Rangiephil - Wednesday, Feb 24, 2010 at 20:57

Wednesday, Feb 24, 2010 at 20:57
You do not pay 2 lots of duty.
The seller in NSW has to submit a Notice of Disposal at his local NSW RTA office with you as an interstate buyer.
The buyer does not pay NSW duty.
When you go to register in WA you pay WA stamp duty.

I did a Notice of Disposal today on a car I sold to an ACT buyer.

But make sure you have your name and address details correct as the RTA has a database of ACT and I think all states licence holders .
Regards Philip A

AnswerID: 405809

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (11)