Desert Maps for Garmin Nuvi 760

G`day
I’ve decided to go to the gathering at Wiluna in June and now I need to know what the appropriate mapping for this trip is.
I have a Garmin Nuvi 760 GPS and need to know what are the best map/ maps for the Anne Beadell Hwy, CSR, Garry Junction Road, Chambers Pillar, Old Andado, and The Simpson Desert.
The GPS currently has, Shonky Topo, Tracks 4 Australia 1.20, Contours Australia v2.00, City Navigator Australia 2009

Do any of the above cover these areas or do I need to buy additional maps and if so where are they available from?

Thanks,

Scrubby
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Ed C (QLD) - Saturday, Feb 27, 2010 at 03:23

Saturday, Feb 27, 2010 at 03:23
Scrubby, I reckon ya have it pretty well covered:)

We have much the same maps as you do..
As well as the Shonky full topo, we have the topo without contours, & we also have T4A PRO vers. 1.2 .. this gives a fair bit more detail than the T4A 1.20, so I'd suggest you might like to add this one... same tracks, just more colour (lakes, watercourses etc..) might even be an updated version available ??

If you have these on Mapsource on your 'puter, open it up, & you can zoom right in on whatever area you're interested in, then you can switch between the various mapsets that you have, and check if they have the detail you want..

No doubt there are other mapsets that others will say are better, but as far as the Garmin compatible ones go, the above aren't too bad at all IMO...

Of course, we also carry comprehensive paper maps to cover whatever areas we plan to travel ;-))

Catch ya later... Ed C

:)

Confucius say.....
"He who lie underneath automobile with tool in hand,
....Not necessarily mechanic!!"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 406269

Sponsored Links