Camping at Glenpatrick

Hi, Last year there was a group gathering in November at Glenpatrick, near Avoca - I think and please correct me if this is incorrect. I didn't attend but read about it and now I can't find the write up on the site. If this is correct could someone please let me know the contact details, the facilities etc. We are looking for a central spot for a family camping weekend and it sounded ideal or if anyone has any other suggestions they would be welcome. Many thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - MUZBRY(Vic) - Wednesday, Mar 03, 2010 at 13:59

Wednesday, Mar 03, 2010 at 13:59
Gday
I was there at the gathering. The site has a toilet and wash basin, a rotunda in case of rain , and a fire place. Other than that, there is plenty of room to camp.
I have no idea about contact numbers. Talk to Bonz .
Murray
Muzbry
Great place to be Mt Blue Rag 27/12/2012

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 407087

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Wednesday, Mar 03, 2010 at 14:09

Wednesday, Mar 03, 2010 at 14:09
The EO Gathering is usually held the weekend after Melbourne cup weekend.

There is also a Victorian 4WD Club that uses Glenpatrick camping reserve Melbourne Cup weekend.

Bonz is being slack and he hasn't put this years gathering in the Trips and gathering page yet LOL

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 407089

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Wednesday, Mar 03, 2010 at 17:32

Wednesday, Mar 03, 2010 at 17:32
Who is this Bonz?

Hi There, Glenpatrick is a great place and as you say central to lots of things. Muz has given you the lowdown on the facilities, and although there is no charge to stay there we usually make a donation to the Committee via Colin (white Subaru, who you'll mist likely see if you stay there when he comes for a chat).

Its quiet and relaxing and ideal for a family thing like you mention.
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 407128

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Wednesday, Mar 03, 2010 at 17:33

Wednesday, Mar 03, 2010 at 17:33
By the way, there isnt really a booking arrangement, if someone else is there then just camp there anyways, its a reasonably big area.
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 676952

Reply By: ljsroslyn - Wednesday, Mar 03, 2010 at 17:40

Wednesday, Mar 03, 2010 at 17:40
Thanks guys for the info - very much appreciated. Looks like it might do the job nicely. Thanks again.
AnswerID: 407129

Sponsored Links