Low Life Thieving Scum

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 12:36
ThreadID: 76635 Views:4142 Replies:12 FollowUps:24
This Thread has been Archived
The only time my wife has taken my car to work at Windsor, as it was parked behind hers at home and hers was flashing low fuel so I said just take mine and I will refuel hers when I was going out. She parked in the major shopping centre car park and when she came out she noticed the exploroz cover missing off the wheel, then wasnt till she got home I noticed the UHF arial also missing, so what she earnt for a day will cost me to replace. I have rang the shopping centre this morning as they do have cameras in the carpark but to my luck as usual it didnt cover the area she was parked. I will be keeping a lookout for the cover as it had a small mark on it which unless you know its there you wouldnt notice it, as far as the arial goes I wont see that again. Thankgod they didnt take my spotties or I would have been more bleep ed then I am now. What the hell would they want with the cover anyway unless they are a member of here ?? Hope it ends up around their neck because my arms will if I see it on their vehicle. and if your reading this it will be useless to you because I know if it will be mine or not, so I warn you now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and If I see it on your vehicle then I will take it upon myself to presume you took my arial as well. Steve
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Axle - Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 13:00

Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 13:00
Mate it gives them to you!, at these bloody shopping centres, You either get things stolen, or some idiot puts another dent or scratch somewhere!!

These Morons show no respect towards other people and their belongings

What so ever

Hope something turns up

Cheers Axle
AnswerID: 407644

Follow Up By: Wherehegon - Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 19:47

Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 19:47
HI Axle, dont expect to see them again (cover/arial). Yeah got a few slight dents from scum who dont give a toss about other peoples stuff, gives me the bleep s. Regards Steve
FollowupID: 677613

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 13:15

Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 13:15
Steve,

I hear you.

If you ask nicely as others have in the past, EO may replace your spare wheel cover FOC ;)

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 407645

Follow Up By: Member - Vince B (NSW) - Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 15:44

Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 15:44
Kev.
I should have asked nicely last year when I had my cover stolen in Miles.

Cheers.
Vince
FollowupID: 677570

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 15:49

Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 15:49
I am sure they have replaced a few now. John T was one that I know of and there is another who I can't remember who it was at the moment. They got theirs pinched in Dalby last year. BooBook rings a bell but I can't be sure.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 677572

Follow Up By: Wherehegon - Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 19:19

Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 19:19
Hi Kev, I'm not gong to ask David as its not up to him to replace things that will cost out of his own pocket not his fault. But for sure when I purchase another one I will be taking it off when leaving the vehicle and if going out for a night some where it will stay at home, its safe at my work as Im in security parking, pain in the rear but not losing more money, I like to have it on the back so any other EO members/visitors might give you a wave or maybe the middle finger if doing something stupid. Regards Steve
FollowupID: 677602

Follow Up By: Member - mazcan - Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 15:16

Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 15:16
hi
know how you feel scum in bunbury peeled off my eo sticker from the rear window only 3 weeks after i joined up and put it there and they also left a graffitti tag where it used to be
oh for the low life
too much time on there hands and have to make there presents felt but in a negative way
such is life
FollowupID: 677963

Reply By: Gramps - Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 13:37

Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 13:37
Steve,

Which Windsor, there are a few ?

Regards
AnswerID: 407647

Follow Up By: Wherehegon - Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 19:20

Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 19:20
Hiya Gramps, Windsor NSW near Richmond Regards Steve
FollowupID: 677603

Follow Up By: Gramps - Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 22:18

Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 22:18
Bugga ! I assume you mean the open parking area near KFC and where Coles used to be. Can't remember seeing an EO wheelcover out this way at all. Should stand out like dogs k&&^^%%$#s if they're locals.

Regards
FollowupID: 677644

Follow Up By: Wherehegon - Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 22:29

Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 22:29
High Gramps, no its the new shopping centre with under neath parking where coles is now. Regards Steve
FollowupID: 677648

Reply By: Hairs & Fysh (NSW) - Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 14:13

Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 14:13
I know where your coming from Steve.
A little while ago someone stolen the little rubber tip of my uhf aerial & the the plastic clips that hold the bonnet protectors wings downs.
This was in a busy under cover, well lit shopping center car park, right next to entrance.
I know it's not much to replace, but why, and how can they pinch them without someone noticing them doing it. Years ago I purchased the valve caps the you use a small shifter to tighten up, had them for about a week, some one decided they wanted them. Again in a well lit busy shopping center entrance.

With you wheel cover, I wonder how far along David got with the lockable ones that were talked about after, Was it John form Tamworth the had his pinched?

I understand your frustration.

AnswerID: 407655

Follow Up By: Wherehegon - Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 19:28

Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 19:28
Hi Hairs & Fysh, yeah surprises me no one noticed some one taking a wheel cover off, if I was walking by first thing I would check if they had a flat, if not then why would you need to remove the cover ?? I can understand people these days not wanting to get involved with things that isnt there business or property, probably end with a knife in you or some little turd and there mates kicking the crap out of you. I thought I had done up the UHF arial quit tight with my shifter, obviously not unless they had a spanner on them ?? Didnt realize David was looking at a locking cover, great idea..........Regards Steve
FollowupID: 677604

Reply By: bbuzz - Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 14:32

Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 14:32
I have heard these stories in the past too. The wheel covers are obviously a desireable item. I have mine on the caravan now, tied down with occy straps through metal clips pop rivetted to the inside of the cover. It may not stop them but it will take a while to get it off. I know it took me the best part of 10 minutes to remember where I threaded the occy straps so i could get it off to pump the tire up!!!
AnswerID: 407657

Follow Up By: Wherehegon - Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 19:32

Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 19:32
Hi there bbuzz,when I purchase a new one I will see if there is any way of locking it, otherwise Ill be removing it depending on where Im parked. Regards Steve
FollowupID: 677606

Follow Up By: Hairs & Fysh (NSW) - Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 19:55

Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 19:55
Steve,
If my memory serves me right, and I can't find the thread, What some have suggested was to put a length of, say pushbike brake cable or the likes, through ter sown hem part of the cover with two eyelit holes to put a small paddle lock on.
I know if they really want to take it they will cut it off, But a lest this will make it a bit of a hassle for them.

Just found it,
A blog from John T
Wheel cover security perhaps???
Hope this helps.

FollowupID: 677615

Follow Up By: Wherehegon - Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 20:37

Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 20:37
Cheers Hairs & Fysh, have kept a copy of it. Regards Steve
FollowupID: 677622

Reply By: Ray - Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 15:13

Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 15:13
I don't use wheel covers anymore for two reasons:-

1. don't subscribe to free advertising.

2. Last time I removed the cover it was full
of redback spiders
AnswerID: 407663

Follow Up By: Fred G NSW - Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 17:44

Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 17:44
Ray, we as members display the wheelcovers purely to announce our membership of this site to other members, often making contact which otherwise would not happen, not for advertising purposes.

In response to your two reasons......

1. I see your not a member so no reason to display one.

2. You obviously don't check the spare often enough.

Fred.
FollowupID: 677584

Follow Up By: Gazal Champion - Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 18:18

Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 18:18
Ray, I hear where you are coming from. I purchased 2 covers some time ago and use one on the van all the time.

I get a lot of entertainment out of this site not to mention a lot of valuable information. I have not as yet become a member so I consider a little advertising for EO a fair deal. In fact I am on the winning side IMHO.

Steve, sorry to hear of your loss. There are some animals about these days and nothing is safe especially in the larger settled areas. Mate i sent you an email as you requested.

Regards, Bruce.

At home and at ease on a track that I know not and
restless and lost on a track that I know. HL.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 677589

Follow Up By: Wherehegon - Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 19:38

Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 19:38
Hi Ray, I dont mind having a cover displaying who Im a member of, same as having white lettering with your 4wd club across your windscreen, as far as spiders go I spray with surface spray on the alloy rim as they would have to get on that first to get to the cover, and pull the cover off quit frequently to check pressure and clean it......

Hi Bruce, got your email have sent one back to you. Regards Steve
FollowupID: 677607

Follow Up By: Fred G NSW - Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 19:46

Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 19:46
"I get a lot of entertainment out of this site not to mention a lot of valuable information. I have not as yet become a member so I consider a little advertising for EO a fair deal. In fact I am on the winning side IMHO."

Bruce, that's a fair enough reason to become a member, aye. :-))

No arms or legs involved...just a few bucks like the rest of us put in LOL LOL

But then....it's your choice.

Cheers, Fred.
FollowupID: 677612

Reply By: Member - Joe F (WA) - Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 16:16

Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 16:16
G'day everyone.

I had a simular ~ almost ~ thing happen only last week when I was down in Perth.

The scenario ~ Bunnings Midland carpark, park up, lock up, look around. I left the Cruiser and headed towards the Aladdin's Cave that Bunnings can be at times, I didn't quite make the entrance doors, when I twigged that I'd left my reading glasses in the car, I was almost back to the driver side door, when a young kid around 8 maybe 10 years in age jumps up with a fright, he gave me an instant Adrenalin spike at the same time.

Turns out the little rat and his mate, who just happened to scamper away on all fours were thieving valve caps, my particular valve caps are rather pricey Tyredog pressure monitors, luckily I had fitted the fiddly little locking devices to each sensor. I would have been the bad guy had I have given this little "Entrapeneur" a kick in the arse. I bluffed him into showing me his haul of stolen vale caps, some were a pressure monitoring type, but a coloured band style, I've not seen them before?

Needless to say, I did not feel easy about leaving the vehicle again, so I headed far away from Bunnings and Perth as quickly as possible.
I probably would have been ripped off inside the big doors anyway !!
AnswerID: 407669

Follow Up By: Wherehegon - Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 19:43

Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 19:43
Hi Joe, would have been very hard not to have put the boot into his rear end ???? And if you touch them chances are they would have had you charged with assult, we can thank all the doo gooders for that, little scum bags need a good flogging. I always expected my lights to go first not my wheel cover and arial....I do have the lights pretty tight but will get some of those locking nuts for them now.....Regards Steve
FollowupID: 677611

Reply By: Wilko - Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 22:36

Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 22:36
Hi Steve,

I know this wont help know but on my old aerial with grub screws, I solder in the grub screws so the Low lifes couldnt get an allen key in to undo it.

For my current aerial that bolts on from underneath, I use loctite.

Cheers Wilko
AnswerID: 407748

Follow Up By: Wherehegon - Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 16:38

Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 16:38
Hi Wilko, my'n is just the screw on type, My mate has lent me one for now till I grab a new one, this time I will just put on hand tight and remove when I feel the need to. Regards Steve
FollowupID: 677983

Reply By: Madfisher - Monday, Mar 08, 2010 at 21:27

Monday, Mar 08, 2010 at 21:27
Sorry to hear about that Steve, I wonder what the world is coming to. We had four cars vandalised in the street on Saturday night. Sal got a flat in her Nullarbor and it took us 45 mins to work out how to get the hard cover off. I was getting to the stage I was ready to just rip it off. Of course when we read the manual it was a piece of cake.
Hopefully they will get their just deserts.
Cheers Pete
AnswerID: 407942

Follow Up By: Wherehegon - Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 16:41

Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 16:41
Hi Pete, yeah little scum with nothing better to do, unfortunately while we have the do gooders backing them up and getting a slap on the wrist instead of a good kick up the rear and a few broken fingers nothing will change. Lucky you checked the book, you would have been spewing had you broke it. Regards Steve
FollowupID: 677984

Reply By: Matt M - Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 01:00

Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 01:00
Once you get a new one...steel trace wire from BCF or any fishing place makes good security for precious items without costing the earth. That and a small padlock should secure the next wheel cover.

Sorry to hear..I hote theives.

Matt.
AnswerID: 407982

Follow Up By: Matt M - Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 01:02

Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 01:02
*hate!
FollowupID: 677888

Reply By: stumbly1 - Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 11:56

Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 11:56
Hi Steve,
When you get your next one - take out the elastic and replace with multi -strand stainless wire. Crimp a loop in each end, run one loop thru the other and pull tight to hold to the spare tyre, then padlock the other loop to a suitable place. You might have to play around a little to get the lengths right but it works. The loose end needs a little tension on it aswell, you'll get the idea when you have a go at it.
If some one wants the cover they'll have to cut it off.....
If you catch the thieving prick who stole your last one, cut something of his off...

Cheers, Keith
AnswerID: 408031

Follow Up By: Wherehegon - Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 16:44

Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 16:44
Top idea Keith even the wire wont cost me I can get from work, at least if they try and tear it off next time it will be useless for them bloody mongrels. Things we have to do to stop scum from touching other peoples things. Regards Steve
FollowupID: 677985

Reply By: fletcp - Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 15:35

Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 15:35
Look people,

All the whinging in the world won't change things. Unless people stand up and be counted when they see the little b#%$^&'s stealing or vandalising then the world will stay the same.

Best just to build a bridge - and get over it.
AnswerID: 408074

Follow Up By: Wherehegon - Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 16:54

Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 16:54
""Best just to build a bridge - and get over it."" True more or less reminding people on here that there are light fingered scum walking around flogging things that they shouldnt be touching. As said before if I see it on the bcak of a 4b I will know its mine and if their lucky it will be my hand around their neck and not a the stainless cable I will get tomorrow for the new one.. We already pay enough for these scum on the dole (no offence to anyone on it for real reasons) They dont want to work, walk the street causing trouble, flogging crap, knifing people cause they want to, and yes aggree with you
""""All the whinging in the world won't change things. Unless people stand up and be counted when they see the little b#%$^&'s stealing or vandalising then the world will stay the same"""
Now we have the doo gooders wanting people in jail to vote as they have a right to, what about the right for the person they killed, what rights did they have ??? They lost there rights when they did what they did and as far as Im concerned they gave up them rights. I would happily go to jail if some scum touched my daughter I can tell you. Regards Steve
FollowupID: 677986

Follow Up By: Hairs & Fysh (NSW) - Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 20:38

Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 20:38
fletcp
Good luck with that. You've got to have the courts back you up & that ain't going to happen.
It's the courts that must back up Law enforcement, the communities wishes in regard to this. I can understand why the Cops don't bother.
And when they are bought before the courts,
We've all heard it before,
EG;
Your Honor, Johnny bashed & raped the 60 year old woman, Yes he admits to this crime. He felt remorse, drank a bottle of JD, drove and killed a mother and her child in a pram while crossing the road, may I add they were not using a crossing and it was not well lit.
Under the circumstance your Honor, the defense finds it inappropriate to sentence the defendant to ten years jail, because (please insert the most ridicules reason you can think of) he fell over running away from from a vehicle that he has just removed a set of valve caps from and tripped on the kerb hitting his head. Your Honor, my client did show remorse.
Good behavior bond is placed on him, if he agrees to meet with a councilor, he won't have a conviction recorded.
Six months later he faces court again on a completely different matter, because of his clean record he again is let off, placed on a suspended sentence. And so the circle continues.
Each time Johnny will be dressed as if he has just attended church.

And if people don't believe me, just go and sit in the gallery of your local court house over a period of a couple of months. If the sample above seems to be a little far fetched for some to handle, just suck it up guys, It's the way it is.
It's not whinging, it's venting frustration at a system that has let all of us down.

FollowupID: 678027

Follow Up By: stumbly1 - Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 22:11

Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 22:11
When the law is incapable of protecting the innocent, or providing punishment to befit the crime, should the innocent recognize a system of law that has failed?

Australia's system of law, and for that matter, its political system needs a damn good looking at, as its the poli's that introduce most of these weak willed laws to cater to the social engineers that lobby them.
Its time for a change.

Sorry to go OT. End of rant.

Keith
FollowupID: 678059

Sponsored Links