NSW extra $30 rego tax

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 14, 2010 at 17:12
ThreadID: 76857 Views:2577 Replies:4 FollowUps:11
This Thread has been Archived
Edit postDelete postReport this postReply with quoteNSW extra $30 car tax petition
by Tony Vaughan on Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:01 pm

Please note that these are my personal view.

In NSW the state Government wants to charge most 4WD'er and extra $30 per year.
This money may go towards building rail and road for the West of Sydney.

For me personally, I have no issues with that except, I don't live in Sydney and possible will not used any of the intended services.
So like many of the 4WD'ers who are not Sydney based, apart from paying extra for fuel and have a lack of good roads and public transport I have to pay and extra $30.00 a year. Just like the Desalination plant.... Does nothing for me and I have to pay.

Now this tax comes in at a Kerb weight of about 960kg, even a Barina is a tonne. So the graded road tax will hurt everyone a little and just about all 4WD's

Well don't just sit there, sign up
AXE the Tax click here

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Notso - Sunday, Mar 14, 2010 at 17:36

Sunday, Mar 14, 2010 at 17:36
Ah that's alright mate, we all know that NSW ends at the Blue Mountains as far as the pollies are concerned, there aren't enough votes out west.
AnswerID: 408796

Follow Up By: Gazal Champion - Sunday, Mar 14, 2010 at 18:02

Sunday, Mar 14, 2010 at 18:02
Nor enough votes south of Woolongong or north of Newcastle where i live.
Bruce. But you know we already pay on the weight of the vehicle as far as I am aware. So this is a double tax. And I will NEVER use the urban transport system in Sydney. I got out of there 25 years ago and only go back under sufferance. Why should I pay, there's only private concerns where I live and that is a school bus. one service in the morning and one in the afternoon. Sydney siders complain bitterly about the price of fuel on the Mid North Coast but we have to pay it all the time as there is not one alternative.
Cheers, Bruce.
At home and at ease on a track that I know not and
restless and lost on a track that I know. HL.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 678750

Follow Up By: Hairs & Fysh (NSW) - Sunday, Mar 14, 2010 at 18:19

Sunday, Mar 14, 2010 at 18:19
Agree with both of you, NSW does stand for Newcastle Sydney Wollongong, there is no denying it.
Same here Bruce, one local bus co, which isn't an option really.
I don't know what the answer is, Maybe it should be a post code thing.

FollowupID: 678755

Follow Up By: disco driver - Sunday, Mar 14, 2010 at 18:33

Sunday, Mar 14, 2010 at 18:33
Sorry Guys, that's the price you pay for NOT living in a BIG city.
Where I live there is no bus service apart from one to and from the big smoke each day (it takes around 6 hours+ each way), fuel is 5-10cents dearer and so is all foodstuff.

All country residents have to pay for the priviledge of having limited facilities, that's a given regardless of which political party is in power in your state or in Federal government.

Disco.

Disco.
FollowupID: 678764

Follow Up By: Member - The Bushwhackers -NSW - Sunday, Mar 14, 2010 at 18:50

Sunday, Mar 14, 2010 at 18:50
Hi gang

Seems no matter where you live, outside of Sydney, you don't get a fair return on your taxes.

Here in Newcastle, we believe the state spending boundary is Gosford, not Newcastle. Public transport, if you could call it transport, is abominable.

I live outside the state transport system area, and the local private bus service is very, very limited. No such thing as a train here either.

You don't have to live in the 'country' to get ripped off by politicians of either persuasion

Not sure if the petition will do any good, I believe that petitions have to be signed (by hand) to be acceptable.

Good luck anyway, Dave

FollowupID: 678768

Reply By: Member - Axle - Sunday, Mar 14, 2010 at 18:48

Sunday, Mar 14, 2010 at 18:48
G/Day Tony, ... This is still a real worry for the 4wdriver if its going to be a weight tax, All i've heard is its going to cost the larger car owners approx the $30,,, How wide the gap between small &large vehicles is yet to be seen i reckon,......NSW state Gov!!,,,,, What a Frigin Mess!!,

Cheers Axle
AnswerID: 408809

Follow Up By: Member - Tony V (NSW) - Sunday, Mar 14, 2010 at 19:02

Sunday, Mar 14, 2010 at 19:02
Axle,

The weight limit starts at 975kg and slide up.

So all those Barina's and similar sized car will get an additional tax on weight.

I do not mind being taxed (brave statement) als long as it is fair and for what it is supposed to be for.

This tax is discriminative and has been announced as a tax to pay for West Sydney's infrastructure..... the last 15 years of broken promises rail and road links.

I don't mind paying tolls when I use the M2 or M7 or even the bridge on the occassions I use them.

Arrggghhh ..

Now I feel better
FollowupID: 678773

Follow Up By: Hairs & Fysh (NSW) - Sunday, Mar 14, 2010 at 19:20

Sunday, Mar 14, 2010 at 19:20
"NSW state Gov!!,,,,, What a Frigin Mess!!"
How true are those words Axle.
What I detest about this tax is the fact that it is imposed on me because of the weight of my vehicle, I choose to live where I do, I don't expect to have city services nor do I want them ATM, ;). But what I object to is paying for a service I will not use for day to day living.
30 plus years we've been screaming for a dual lane H/way between Tweed Heads & Newcastle, People have lost their lives, Family members & friends on this goat track. 15 years of this is because of political grandstanding, The seats along this route have been held by the National or Liberals.
To any one that votes to keep Labor in power at the next election in NSW, Please don't tell me you voted for them., You need a smack across the face and need to wake up.

FollowupID: 678778

Reply By: Gramps - Sunday, Mar 14, 2010 at 20:20

Sunday, Mar 14, 2010 at 20:20
Hmmm. Maybe the people living outside of Sydney should consider how much the people of Sydney subsidize the facilities outside of Sydney.

Do you seriously believe that you, without any subsidy from the larger metropolitan areas, provide enough in taxes etc to provide the roads, hospitals etc that you've got now?

Regards
AnswerID: 408829

Follow Up By: Hairs & Fysh (NSW) - Sunday, Mar 14, 2010 at 20:33

Sunday, Mar 14, 2010 at 20:33
You may have a point there Gramps, However I believe this is more of a political vote grab then actually trying to fix Sydney's transport woes.
We have a state election next year, well over half the voting population lives in held Labor seats. The state gov has neglected all of NSW over the past 15 years and their political spin doctors are in full swing planning their propaganda to win the next election.
A little cynical I know, but hey, :)

FollowupID: 678798

Follow Up By: Gramps - Sunday, Mar 14, 2010 at 20:39

Sunday, Mar 14, 2010 at 20:39
Jon,

You're not being cynical, you're 100% correct about this tax.

The problem we have is the same knuckle dragging morons that voted them back in in the last two elections have still got the vote.

Regards
FollowupID: 678801

Follow Up By: Member - DAZA (QLD) - Sunday, Mar 14, 2010 at 21:01

Sunday, Mar 14, 2010 at 21:01
Geez Gramps you certainly have got a way with words lol lol,
Knuckle Dragging Morons, ( Luv It,) some of those have probably crossed over the border into QLD.

FollowupID: 678808

Follow Up By: Gramps - Sunday, Mar 14, 2010 at 21:08

Sunday, Mar 14, 2010 at 21:08
DAZA,

LOL they're everywhere.

Regards
FollowupID: 678811

Follow Up By: OzTroopy - Sunday, Mar 14, 2010 at 21:39

Sunday, Mar 14, 2010 at 21:39
Considering the pathetic state of mid western NSW health care .... those wonderful city types subsidisng our services either :

Aren't subsidising enough ... or

The money is getting sidetracked.

Theres plenty of abandoned buildings that used to be hospitals, theres even hospitals that leave kids with broken collarbones sitting in a waiting room all day when the few beds the hospital operate are empty.

Theres a few of hospitals that actually accept pregnant woman for a birth procedure .....

But generally the preference is to fly em out to a bigger centre ... who pass the buck and want to fly the patient to sydney .... may as well just save up the frequent flyer points and get yourself there two days earlier.

Rural medical services are a joke .... Apart from the largest of towns .... so called hospitals only provide first aid services .... something ambulance stations use to do .... before they became ferry services for drug affected dole bludgers.

FollowupID: 678815

Reply By: Phillipn - Monday, Mar 15, 2010 at 07:45

Monday, Mar 15, 2010 at 07:45
Don`t let Anna Bligh hear about this tax.

One of her great money wasting projects was a tunnel under Wood St [New England Highway] in Warwick for pedestrians, which is just near a set of traffic lights in a 60 k speed zone.

AnswerID: 408872

Sponsored Links