World's Best Breakfast - Sydney to Brisbane

Submitted: Wednesday, Oct 08, 2003 at 20:51
ThreadID: 7689 Views:2766 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi folks ....
One thing I enjoy in my travels is *breakfast* .. whether I cook it myself over a fire, or at the many road houses I call into for a feed.

But last weekend I "discovered" the best breakfast place I have ever come across for those travelling between Sydney and Brisbane.

Located at Woodburn, the place is called the Parkside Cafe, just at the start of the small town as you come in from the Brisbane side). Big sign on the side of the building saying "Breakfast" and Open 24 hours ....

Three eggs, thick toast, lots of terrific smokey bacon, some of the best sausages I have ever eaten, great coffee, tomato and a hash brown. Around $11.50. And the people were terrific and friendly as well.

I had also ordered a side order of toast and jam/marmalade, and the lady suggested I order it if/when I get through my main serve, as many people do not get through it. I did get through it, but had no more room for toast etc ...

This meal did me all day, especially as I ended up sitting on the Pacific Highway for almost 2 hours north of Karuah while they cleared up an accident.

Worth a visit if you want a breakfast that will get you through the day.

Cheers
JackAustralia - If you don't love it, leave!!!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Robert from Sandy Hollow Machining - Thursday, Oct 09, 2003 at 12:04

Thursday, Oct 09, 2003 at 12:04
Hi Jack, we live at Maclean 30 mins south of Woodburn and know the place you spoke about and have had a few snacks there ourselves but not the breaky which we will have to try now after your rave reviews.
what a great country we live in eh!!!
regards
Rob Sandy Hollow Machining
AnswerID: 33225

Reply By: Old Soldier - Thursday, Oct 09, 2003 at 12:58

Thursday, Oct 09, 2003 at 12:58
Stop it Jack - you're making me bloody hungry. :) :) :)

Maybe there should be a section on Exploroz for "brekkie" spots.

There are some great ones round this fabulous country.

I always note where the truckies stop - that's good enough for me

enjoy the bush

DennisN
AnswerID: 33229

Follow Up By: Member - Jack - Thursday, Oct 09, 2003 at 13:37

Thursday, Oct 09, 2003 at 13:37
From One Old Soldier to another ... : )

Yes, the truckies certainly know where to find a good feed, and I keep an eye out when traveling to see where they all are.
Parking their rigs at this particular place could prove difficult for them. The Highway is only one lane in each direction with not much of a shoulder.

Take care
FollowupID: 23788

Reply By: Member - Errol (WA) - Thursday, Oct 09, 2003 at 18:13

Thursday, Oct 09, 2003 at 18:13
I remeber going into one of the pubs in Kalgoolie for the big breke . Cost $5 bucks , and you couldnt jump over it . All surved topless of corse . Had to be there by 8 in the moring through ,or you missed out . Topless waitress looked a bit perplexed when the minister for war asked for a cup of tea in the main bar .Why go overseas when you can ExplorOz
ERROL
AnswerID: 33260

Follow Up By: Member - Jack - Thursday, Oct 09, 2003 at 18:56

Thursday, Oct 09, 2003 at 18:56
... leaving you alone to enjoy breakfast with the topless waiters?

Now that's my idea of a good Minister for War : )

FollowupID: 23822

Sponsored Links