Caravan & Motorhome Valuations

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 16, 2010 at 19:56
ThreadID: 76926 Views:12303 Replies:3 FollowUps:12
This Thread has been Archived
There is finally a service that provides valuations for your caravan or RV, where you are trying to find out what to sell it for, seeking a better insurance value or any other reason. Looks like a great service and the company has been around for years, so knows their stuff! Even better, they only need a few photos of the interior and exterior, you dont actually have to take it to them. So good for people that don't have this local valuation service or cant be bothered taking it to someone. Anyway, check it out guys...

http://www.caravanvaluations.com.au/

Cheers,

Joe
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Teege (NSW) - Tuesday, Mar 16, 2010 at 21:13

Tuesday, Mar 16, 2010 at 21:13
Joe
Interesting that your first post on this forum is in the form of an advertisement. Despite your attempt at keeping at arms length I have great doubts about your relationship with Alan Graham's. There is a proper way to advertise on this site - pay your money!!!

teege
AnswerID: 409143

Follow Up By: JoeJack - Tuesday, Mar 16, 2010 at 22:22

Tuesday, Mar 16, 2010 at 22:22
I respect your opinion but I assure you, I am completely independant actually and have no business or financial interest in letting people know about this service. I just thought it was a good idea. For those people that don't have a contact for this service, I hope my info is helpful. Just useful info, not an advert ;)
FollowupID: 679109

Reply By: fisho64 - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2010 at 03:13

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2010 at 03:13
"they only need a few photos of the interior and exterior, you dont actually have to take it to them"

You could lean the wheels against it cos it has no undercarriage. The chassis could buckled, corroded or puckeroo.

Sorry but what a load of crap. Are they the same mob that sells online university degrees? How long til the insurance companies find a problem with this?
AnswerID: 409176

Follow Up By: skulldug - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2010 at 10:25

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2010 at 10:25
fisho,

We could do with less comments like this on the forum. If you don't agree, you could try adding something useful rather than spraying your bad temperament around.

Skull
FollowupID: 679151

Follow Up By: fisho64 - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2010 at 12:15

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2010 at 12:15
good luck to you if you were buying one at a distance using one of these valuations. The ones who will be caught out are the trusting and vulnerable. How is the caravan identified?

My useful comments are to point out the inadequacy of this sort of valuation.

You could make yourself useful by pointing out the great advantage this sort of valuation provides to buyers, insurance companies etc?
But there are no such comments here from you or anyone other than the guy spruiking it.
FollowupID: 679170

Follow Up By: skulldug - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2010 at 12:34

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2010 at 12:34
This post has been read by the moderation team and has been moderated due to a breach of The Inappropriate Rule .

Forum Moderation Team
FollowupID: 679171

Follow Up By: skulldug - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2010 at 13:22

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2010 at 13:22
Joe has said that he has no link to the service he was telling people about. You have also jumped to a conclusion that it is about selling caravans on the net. I have looked at the site and it seems all they do is offer to provide a valuation as is done by Redbook but without the benefit of photos.

I think your treatment of first time posters (if Joe fits that category) is fairly ordinary.

Skull
FollowupID: 679181

Follow Up By: fisho64 - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2010 at 16:49

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2010 at 16:49
Redbook doesnt provide valuations sight unseen AFAIK.
They provide a book value dont they?
I was unaware that they would give you a written valuation if you provide a couple of photos.

If you are trolling for a reaction from me as it appears, you wont get one.
Havent seen you on here before but it appears that the moderators found you before I did.
FollowupID: 679205

Follow Up By: Tenpounder (SA) - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2010 at 17:18

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2010 at 17:18
I'm with fisho64.
If the intention (as per the website) is to provide purchasers with a valuation for insurance purposes, the obviously its vital to know that insurance companies will accept a sight unseen 'valuation'. There's no indication of the status of this valuer in the eyes of insurers.
Second, the form asks people to advise the max and min prices they would accept for their unit. Why ask this, if the idea is simply to provide buyers with an independent valuation for insurance reasons.
Third, the application costs $110.00, but the valuation does not even contain serial number etc info. Even if its a good as a Red Book book value, is it worth $110.00??
It reads like a real estate teaser to me, except that they are asking for $110.00 for the privilege of being on a "prospect' list.
FollowupID: 679206

Follow Up By: fisho64 - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2010 at 18:02

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2010 at 18:02
Thanks 10-seems as though trolls abound?
There was another pretty colourful reply from Skulldoug that seems to have been removed altogether as I got it via notification but its not on here?

Exactly as I was saying, how long before someone gets a valuation of an old heap of rubbish then insures and torches it? If the valuation states "sight unseen" then how can an insurance company accept it?
FollowupID: 679214

Follow Up By: skulldug - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2010 at 21:57

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2010 at 21:57
Fisho
Not trolling although it seems that you are on the hook anyway. You are not DIO are you?

Why don't you post my original response where I likened your use of the word "crap" to your thought processes.

Its people like you that cause a lot of the long-time members and visitors to keep quiet for fear of ridicule.

Skull

FollowupID: 679249

Follow Up By: fisho64 - Thursday, Mar 18, 2010 at 01:50

Thursday, Mar 18, 2010 at 01:50
yawn....

ok Ive just cottoned on, you are DIO, and having a go at me cos I referred to your habit of of popping up and posting some rubbish then hiding.

very funny, I wouldnt have even thought of it if you hadnt mentioned it.
FollowupID: 679267

Follow Up By: ModSquad - Thursday, Mar 18, 2010 at 07:13

Thursday, Mar 18, 2010 at 07:13
Can you two refrain from ANY further posting on this issue.

We DO NOT regard this thread as a TROLL.

Regards
The Modsquad
Moderation is just rules

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 679270

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Thursday, Mar 18, 2010 at 09:08

Thursday, Mar 18, 2010 at 09:08
You guys! Neither of you is DIO cause he just makes his considered observation and then isnt drawn into any further arguement.
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 679279

Reply By: vk1dx - Thursday, Mar 18, 2010 at 06:06

Thursday, Mar 18, 2010 at 06:06
Thanks Joe.

Personally I think for a "bit of an idea" its not too bad at all. If I was really serious about selling or buying a van, then I would use a more formal paid valuation service. Any associated fee would be minimal and acceptable in the scheme of things.

But thanks. A good start.

May I quietly add, as one who got attacked quite a lot, just be a smidgen more careful of your choice of words. The english language is so complex. I think it may have been taken better by some by making it sound like a casual first stop idea. Not the be-all and end-all of a formal valuation. Unfortunately one poster took it as a recommendation for a formal valuation. I am sure that was an error in interpretation and not your intention. I am also sure that the said poster can see it in a different light now.

Have a great day and thanks for the post.

Phil
AnswerID: 409301

Sponsored Links