Child booster seat in the front of a 105 series six seater cruiser

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 19:52
ThreadID: 77040 Views:2599 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all,

Has anyone ever fitted a child seat to the front of a 105 series cruser in the middle?

The reason I ask is my wife is expecting twins and we already have two other children.

Thanks in advance

Chris.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Chris & Debbie (QLD) - Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 20:11

Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 20:11
Chris
You may want to check up on the new child restraint laws that have been implemented this year. What you can and cannot do depends on the age of your children. The following is taken from a Government website.

Specifically, the new laws will require children:
up to the age of six months to be restrained in a rearward facing child restraint (e.g. infant capsule)
from six months until the age of four to be restrained in either a rearward or forward facing child restraint (e.g. child safety seat)
from four years until the age of seven to be restrained in either a forward facing child restraint or booster seat restrained by a correctly adjusted and fastened seatbelt or child safety harness.

The new laws also deal with the issue of children sitting in the front seat of a vehicle.
Children up to four years of age must be restrained in the rear of the vehicle (where the vehicle has two or more rows of seats)
Children aged between four and seven years will not be permitted to sit in the front seat unless all other seating positions are already occupied by children under seven.

Chris
Coddiwomple (v.) To travel purposefully towards a vague destination.

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message
Classifieds: Codan Envoy HF Radio X1 for sale

AnswerID: 409661

Follow Up By: Catfish - Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 20:20

Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 20:20
Thanks for that Chris. We have found out all about the new child restraint laws.

I suppose what I really need to know is if anyone has had an anchor point installed for the front middle seat (and associated mod plate)? We've had an extra anchor point installed in our current GU 7 seater patrol for the middle seat in the middle row.

FollowupID: 679568

Reply By: Dave(NSW) - Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 20:15

Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 20:15
Check here
Site Link
GU RULES!!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 409662

Follow Up By: Kiwi and Grenade - Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 20:18

Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 20:18
yep....what Dave has said....

Children aged four years to under seven years cannot travel in the front seat of a vehicle with two or more rows, unless all other back seats are occupied by children younger than seven years in a child restraint or booster seat.
FollowupID: 679566

Reply By: splits - Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 21:26

Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 21:26
I think anyone carrying children in cars should rear this link. This woman was interviewed by Alan Jones on Sydney radio a few weeks ago. She was very critical of the new laws. Much of what she discussed with Alan is mentioned here.

Site Link
AnswerID: 409676

Reply By: Mikee5 (Logan QLD) - Sunday, Mar 21, 2010 at 17:49

Sunday, Mar 21, 2010 at 17:49
Get underneath and have a feel around where you think the plate or mount might go - there is very little room under there between the floor and the gearbox/transfer. Also you may want to think twice about the impact of the front airbag(s) on a young kid's head.
AnswerID: 409789

Sponsored Links