Instructions for campmaster portable toilet?

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 21, 2010 at 10:01
ThreadID: 77054 Views:9335 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, having bought from a Bigletterofthealphabet shop a campmaster portable toilet, we find ourselves wondering about the instructions. Under the lid it says to CLOSE the divider to the lower tank, pump water in, presumably making a puddle of water to receive your .. offerings ..., then OPEN the divider, flush, then CLOSE the DIVIDER again until the next time.

In the booklet it says to OPEN the divider, do what you need to do, flush and then CLOSE the divider when all is done. The booklet instructions make more sense to me, but we are puzzled as to which one is correct.

Returnign to the shop won't help, they are clueless about most of the camping stuff they sell, apologies to Bigletterofthealphabet shop employees.

Never having used one of these before, we are anxious ot do it correctly, not wanting the proverbial to hit the fan.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks, raindancer
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Notso - Sunday, Mar 21, 2010 at 10:18

Sunday, Mar 21, 2010 at 10:18
Yes, well, this is the eternal question, maybe the manufacturers are having 2 bob each way.

I reckon it comes down to personal preference, do you mind sitting there/Standing there with the aroma issuing forth, or do you prefer to only have the divider open for the short time of the flush?

Personally I leave it closed till I'm finished.

AnswerID: 409721

Reply By: Member -Dodger - Sunday, Mar 21, 2010 at 13:49

Sunday, Mar 21, 2010 at 13:49
The best way is to open the divider use it then flush.
My sister in law did not like the divider opened when using it so promptly sat on it did her wee and then opened divider. There was a little pressure in the tank and a bubble burst forth from escaping air. Yep we sure had a giggle at her expense. I should add she was still on the throne when she opened the divider.
With the chemicals we use there is never much odour, er jest don't look Alice..
LOL

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Cheers Dodg.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 409755

Follow Up By: CSeaJay - Sunday, Mar 21, 2010 at 19:23

Sunday, Mar 21, 2010 at 19:23
What chemicals do you use that has no smell?

CJ
FollowupID: 679741

Follow Up By: Member -Dodger - Monday, Mar 22, 2010 at 08:49

Monday, Mar 22, 2010 at 08:49
Top Tank for Flushing.... Aqua Rinse by Thetford.

Bottom Tank + Holding...... Bio-Majic

We have found these to be effective provided the correct strength is used.
After emptying and rinsing holding tank I add a ltr of water then add the Bio-Majic.
Sure these are a little exy but so far they are best for our use.

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Cheers Dodg.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 679820

Reply By: raindancer - Monday, Mar 22, 2010 at 19:08

Monday, Mar 22, 2010 at 19:08
Thanks very much for all the kind suggestions .. we've decided to flush just a little bit to set up the slippery coating, do what we have to do, and then open the divider to the lower tank. We have the chemicals that were on sale there in BigLetterofthealphabet, but have had a few other suggestions made, which we'll put into action in the years to come and see how they go.

Happy camping, raindancer
AnswerID: 409940

Sponsored Links