Toilet paper for portaloo

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 11, 2010 at 18:32
ThreadID: 77646 Views:11743 Replies:7 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Ok I am purchasing a portaloo
Based on info that I researched here, I will be using nappisan, as opposed to the chemicals.

My question is what loo paper to use; the portaloo says you must use their chemicals and use their paper, to avoid clogging

so I am not using their chemicals, but can/should I use normal toilet paper?

Cheers

CJ
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Graham H (QLD) - Sunday, Apr 11, 2010 at 18:37

Sunday, Apr 11, 2010 at 18:37
Yes you can but you can also buy better dissolving paper at Camec etc

We empty ours fairly frequently and we have been using the Camec bought stuff

Others will probably tell you different
\

AnswerID: 412555

Reply By: Motherhen - Sunday, Apr 11, 2010 at 18:52

Sunday, Apr 11, 2010 at 18:52
Any septic safe toilet paper (and most are) will do. A few jolts along the road and the paper dissolves completely. Of course they will tell you to buy their chemicals and paper - a bit like Toyota won't recommend you fit pirate brand spare parts in your Toyota.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 412562

Reply By: Member - Ups and Downs - Sunday, Apr 11, 2010 at 19:56

Sunday, Apr 11, 2010 at 19:56
We have just bought a Thetford Porta-Potti and were told that Cottonelle toilet paper was the go. This was at the Caravan Show and the Thetford rep told us.

Paul
AnswerID: 412573

Reply By: Wherehegon - Sunday, Apr 11, 2010 at 20:04

Sunday, Apr 11, 2010 at 20:04
We just use the no-name brand when using the porta loo as its no where near as thick and doesnt fill the loo as quick, yes its not as thick so need to be careful !!!! Also breaks down quicker, we have never had any issues with using the cheaper stuff although when home we use the best stuff LOL You do notice the difference. Regards Stev
AnswerID: 412574

Reply By: Member - Old Girl (QLD) - Sunday, Apr 11, 2010 at 20:21

Sunday, Apr 11, 2010 at 20:21
We use the SAFE paper in the brown paper packet from woollies cheap too. As for chemicals we use the same one as the Nat Parks use. I use lavender toilet cleaner for when we empty into caravan park toilets to get rid of that potty smell quickly.
AnswerID: 412579

Reply By: Pete Jackman (SA) - Monday, Apr 12, 2010 at 10:29

Monday, Apr 12, 2010 at 10:29
We use coles brand nappisan and the same TP as we use at home. It all breaks down just fine.

Cheers

Pete
Any mug can be uncomfortable out bush

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 412621

Reply By: Member - DAZA (QLD) - Monday, Apr 12, 2010 at 14:04

Monday, Apr 12, 2010 at 14:04
G/Day All

My Cook likes the nice soft toot paper, it doesn't matter because I empty it every 3 days, or sooner if required,
* One time we were staying at South Ballina C/Park and I asked the manager where the Dump Point was located, he said there was none but go ahead and empty it in the toilets, if it has the enviro chemicals in it, anyway off I go to empty it in the gents toilet, and I walked in and the Cubicle next to where I was going to empty it was engaged some bloke was in ther reading the paper and doing his thing, next minute I tipped the contents in to the toot and Whoosh in it went, it sounded like an Elephant was in there on the dunny, I scared the bejesus out of the poor bloke lol lol.

Cheers
AnswerID: 412640

Follow Up By: Member - Christopher P (NSW) - Tuesday, Apr 13, 2010 at 13:28

Tuesday, Apr 13, 2010 at 13:28
ROFLMAO SOOOOOO HARD

Thanks for the good belly laugh DAZA.

we take the good stuff, because its not john wayne paper that the missus likes.

Me i'lll use anything.

seriously, i got a portapotti (generic brand) from deals direct, no spare parts, 20litres which lasts the 2 of use a four or five days. with eviromentally friendly chemicals.

FollowupID: 682782

Sponsored Links