Martins water tank

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 22, 2010 at 20:03
ThreadID: 77929 Views:3300 Replies:3 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, we are heading down there tomorrow for a couple of days, and haven't been able to get much info off this site or google, anyone been down there? Is there a tank with water in it? any tips on beach fishing spots? Any mosquitoes? Cheers. Kanga.
Tempus Fugit

Kanga.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Explorer - Thursday, Apr 22, 2010 at 20:20

Thursday, Apr 22, 2010 at 20:20
Martin Tanks Lake?

http://www.exploroz.com/Places/75457/WA/Martins_Tank_Lake.aspx
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 413942

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Thursday, Apr 22, 2010 at 20:24

Thursday, Apr 22, 2010 at 20:24
that would be ....Martins Tank Lake
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 684161

Follow Up By: Kanga1 - Thursday, Apr 22, 2010 at 20:29

Thursday, Apr 22, 2010 at 20:29
Thanks, I read that, and googled the place before I posted the thread, thought I might get some info from someone who has been there. Kanga.
Tempus Fugit

Kanga.

FollowupID: 684162

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Thursday, Apr 22, 2010 at 20:49

Thursday, Apr 22, 2010 at 20:49
Hi again, Who said I hadnt been there? I have several times. The link says that there is tank water so I assumed you hadnt read it. Dont fish so cant help in that regard, good area for birding though. Also some good geocaches around if you're into that. Will take you to some places most dont go. Have fun, nice area.

Cheers
Greg.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 684165

Follow Up By: Kanga1 - Thursday, Apr 22, 2010 at 20:59

Thursday, Apr 22, 2010 at 20:59
Thanks Greg, hopefully it will be quiet, we'll have a go at Salmon fishing and see about filling in some more info on the places page for it. Have a good weekend. Kanga
Tempus Fugit

Kanga.

FollowupID: 684167

Reply By: Farmboywa - Thursday, Apr 22, 2010 at 22:38

Thursday, Apr 22, 2010 at 22:38
G'day Kanga 1, don't forget the aerogard, the mosquitoes there carry Ross River Virus. Yes, there is a rain water tank which catches runoff from the thunderbox dunnies. The Martins Tank Camp Ground is part of Yalgorup National Park and the Rangers will clean the dunnies and collect fees on a daily basis. The camp sites are on slightly sloping ground amongst trees suitable mainly for 5m or under vans, though there is one flat area big enough to park a 50 seater bus. Concrete fireplaces are built in and you would be advised to take your own firewood. If you get the time , take a drive around the Preston Beach townsite at dusk, the place is crawling with roos coming out of the bush to graze on the lawns. Preston Beach parking area has flushing dunnies. The little general store is well stocked and has a liquor license. Nice spot, but watch out for the over friendly mozzies and roos. Happy Days.
AnswerID: 413962

Follow Up By: Kanga1 - Thursday, Apr 22, 2010 at 22:48

Thursday, Apr 22, 2010 at 22:48
Thanks Farmboywa, had a feeling mossies would be an issue, Preston Beach is one of those places we just drive by on the way to somewhere else, its about time we had a decent look. One of the families coming with us have kids, so we'll go and check out the roos in the evening. Cheers, Kanga.
Tempus Fugit

Kanga.

FollowupID: 684188

Follow Up By: get outmore - Thursday, Apr 22, 2010 at 23:15

Thursday, Apr 22, 2010 at 23:15
went through there a few months back and thought wow
this is quite nice and planned a trip back there to check out the campground and do some walk tracks

unfortunatly the guy i went with was unable to walk and got held up so we went along the beach from timms thicket and missed it for fishing.

looks like a great place to go during the week - was so quite
FollowupID: 684193

Follow Up By: Kanga1 - Thursday, Apr 22, 2010 at 23:41

Thursday, Apr 22, 2010 at 23:41
Cheers get outmore, we have driven from Tims and White Hills down to Myalup a few times over the years, not a bad way to spend a morning before the wind gets up. We just keep driving past PB. Would have prefered a mid week look, anyhow we see how we go. Thanks again, Kanga.
Tempus Fugit

Kanga.

FollowupID: 684194

Reply By: get outmore - Friday, Apr 30, 2010 at 17:55

Friday, Apr 30, 2010 at 17:55
Just got back, didnt catch anything

campgrounds are set amongst trees and suffer the dreaded posts between your tent and car syndrome but otherwise ok

no water tank there

as i though was very quite during the week with one other group turnin up

local store is a mini supermaket with alchol etc

plenty of walk tracks around lakes, bird hides etc

very chlled out place on the outskirts of Perth, probabally busy in summer on weekends
AnswerID: 414879

Sponsored Links