Challenge camper trailers-Any opinions?

Submitted: Monday, Oct 13, 2003 at 21:03
ThreadID: 7798 Views:5398 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,
I am currently very close to purchasing a new camper trailer. I have stumbled upon the Challenge camper trailers here in Adelaide and was quite impressed with the value for money. They seem to be a very strong and well made trailer for a tangable price tag. I am just wondering if anyone has handson experience with these trailers or any advice to or fro?

Cheers

Chris
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Joey- Tuesday, Oct 14, 2003 at 02:01

Tuesday, Oct 14, 2003 at 02:01
Last year I researched camper trailers in Adelaide. Wanted to have something to go anywhere, three months each year for last year and the next few (as we escape Scottish winters). We decided it was between Adventure and Heaslip. Adventure is run by Frank, just west of South Road about 2k south of where the glenelg tram crosses. Heaslip is run by Rob and Judy Heaslip, off Wakefield, up level with RAAF Edinburgh. Sorry I can't be more precise about adresses...I just don't have the details here. They're both on the internet. They're both outback enthusiasts, and build camper trailers because that was how they first got what they wanted. Listen to what they say about structural robustness and the need to carry the towing arm right back to the front spring hanger. I prefered the Adventure as an almost military bit of kit. Verna prefered the Heaslip because it had a clear woman's hand in some aspects of the design. In the end we bought Heaslip on the basis of availability. Went 12000k last Dec to Feb, including up to The Corner just before the drought broke.

Good luckJoey&Verna
AnswerID: 33686

Reply By: Member - Bradley- Tuesday, Oct 14, 2003 at 15:13

Tuesday, Oct 14, 2003 at 15:13
last time i was in adelaide i checked out the trak shak trailers at their factory, a pretty rugged piece of gear that looks like it will go anywhere, and they do matched wheel track and stud pattern as part of the standard price. seemed very flexible on options as well. Although i reckon you will need a good strong rig to tow them when they are fully loaded. worth a look if you haven't been there already. Brad.Life is short- but there's always time for a yarda.
AnswerID: 33743

Follow Up By: duncs - Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 23:41

Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 23:41
I have a Trak Shak new in 96. It has done about 30000km off road including Cape York and now the Simpson Desert. Still running original light globes. Never had a problem.

It has the best dust sealing of any camper on the market, enormous luggage space and is quick and easy to set up and pack up.

Great people to do business with.

Do yourself a favour and check them out.

Duncs
FollowupID: 24455

Sponsored Links