What has scared the living bejesus out of you?

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 19:30
ThreadID: 77995 Views:3810 Replies:25 FollowUps:15
This Thread has been Archived
I was thinking about some of the near misses I’ve had in life, but couldn’t go past this one:

In my young days, rock climbing consumed my life and I wanted to be as good as Kim Carrington (spelling?). At the time, my main climbing partner was an ex military helicopter pilot.

We’d selected a climb north of Melbourne with three or four pitches (can’t remember). The day was absolute beautiful without a cloud in the sky, and I remember us watching an Eagle sore over the valley beneath us. 'It can’t get any better than this I thought.....'

Taking the lead on a pitch, we ran into trouble. The upper face was moss covered, and out of nowhere, it began to rain, then hail. Just to right of me was a deep crevice which I climbed into in an effort to get away from the hail, and bring my mate up.

There was only a small piece of rock available that afforded one foot space I could stand on, and look around for protection points. Alas they weren’t too good.

A couple were placed behind me then another to the right hand side. None of them aspired any confidence.

I called out to my partner to climb, and he almost immediately took a fall. Then he tried it again with a similar result. This caused one of the chocks to come loose.

In biblical terms I suggested this could be a time to embrace religion! To make matter worse, it wasn’t possible do anything about the right hand side chock, which was also coming loose from the crack.

We were in dire straits. I had no doubt in my mind about that, another fall would pop us off the cliff face and sent us to the bottom. By some super human effort he made it to the belay point.

The hail stopped shortly after that, and we discuss the last pitch.
The mate took the last lead, and after a few minutes shouted out ‘there’s only nipples up here’. This means no belay points for the last 30 Ft. Then it got even better....The top slope was covered in mud!

Anyway to cut a long story short, we made it to the top.

Over the years we've had a few unsettling moments on the likes of Arapiles and the Brindabella's, but nothing like the above.

Regards

Kim

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Axle - Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 19:52

Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 19:52
G/Day Kim , ....Lol... The day i finished putting a gearbox back in the 4by!!.

Climbed back from underneath after the last few things where done,lean't against the tray and lit up a smoke, absently minded chucked the match over my shoulder, Holy hell!!, it didn't go out and landed in a two gallon wash container of petrol, which was sitting on the ground right beside the drivers door!, Talk about burnt paint!, THAT! scared the Bejesus out of me.

Cheers Axle.
AnswerID: 414247

Follow Up By: Member - John (Vic) - Thursday, Apr 29, 2010 at 18:22

Thursday, Apr 29, 2010 at 18:22
Smoking is always bad for your health :-))

VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message
Classifieds: Water Tank 55 Litre

FollowupID: 684917

Reply By: Member - Barry (NT) - Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 20:20

Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 20:20
Camped on Walker Creek in Litchfield Park years ago,,,, 2 feet from creek (all fresh water no crocs,,lol) and we went to bed in mesh framed contraption,,,,

after years of camping I felt really on edge,,,, moon above, fog/mist off water, very cool for the NT,,,

got up for a short walk at 3AM,,, VERYYYYYYYYYYYYY spooky, hair on the back of my head stood up, I could get behind the mesh quick enough,,,lol now but not then

turns out the area is aboriginal burial ground " overseen" by gadicha man (spelling probaby wrong) who mis the spirit man - good or bad i don't know but it was eerie

partner felt the same,,,,,, we legged it out at first light, sat down and cooked pasta and a goanna came along and cleaned the saucepan for us

AnswerID: 414250

Reply By: Jude&theboys - Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 21:26

Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 21:26
stayed up all night by accident at a weekend away (just was talking etc til we noticed the sun was coming up...oops)...driving home later the following day and thinking crap that car is turning right and is gunna hit me..slam on breaks and as I miss car by inches realised it was Me going through a red light not him. NEVER EVER EVER have I stayed up all night again and NEVER EVER will I drive tired again. I was almost home and nearly didn't make it and could have taken someone else out with me....scared the crap out of me!
AnswerID: 414260

Reply By: Member - Duncs - Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 21:46

Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 21:46
There have been a few over the years. In my line of work you sometimes have to expose yourself to risk to get the job done.

I used to ride motorbikes and go pretty hard in my late teens and had a few scary moments there. I had a day in a canyon in the Blue Mountains that is actually more scary as I look back at it than it was at the time, but the one that stands out was in the 4x4.

It was on a steep, stepped track on the NSW south coast. I came to an obstacle that was bigger than the others so I parked the car and jumped out for a better look. After discussing it with the other drivers we picked out a route and climbed back into the car.

I had a mate spotting for me and he carefully guided me down the first step in 1st low. Front wheels down no problems so I was trying to line it up for the second step when the back end came down the first. As this pushed me forward the front left caught on a tiny little ridge on the rock just before the second step. It pulled the wheel out of my hand as it turned left up the slope. The front right went over the second step and the rear left came off the ground.

I jumped on the brakes and stalled it just in time. The brother in law jumped on the high side step and managed to bring the rear left closer to the ground. My spotter came to the open window saying "that looks scary" . I was sitting upright and my left elbow was touching the centre console. "How you goin to get out of this" asked my spotter.

As I looked around for inspiration I looked out the drivers window. About 200m below me was a very uninviting looking creek. The car was teetering on the brink of a roll that would have taken me to the creek. I was on the low side so baling out was not an option. I managed to slow the hart rate enough to think slipped it into reverse and backed out of it.

It was a very simple escape in the end, The car backed out reversing the line it had taken to get me there. I turned a little to the right and slowly eased the car forward down the second step and clear of the obstacle.

We had another look at the top of the step and worked out what had caught me. We made the second driver aware of the hazard and I guided him down. Luckily I spotted that he was heading for the little ridge. He got on the brakes a bit earlier than me and managed to stop before he started lifting wheels.

I learned a lot that day.

Duncs
AnswerID: 414265

Reply By: westozal - Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 21:46

Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 21:46
Hi,
Marriage.
AL.
AnswerID: 414266

Reply By: Wilko - Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 21:48

Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 21:48
I had a silver ute a few years ago,

A truck attempted to overtake a 4x4 towing a caravan and I happened to be coming the other way. I went scrub narrowly missing two big box trees ( didnt do a lot of damage).

It was a darkish overcast day and the trucky (who pulled over to check) said he just didnt see me.

Ive had my lights on during the day ever since and that scared the living bejesus outer me.

Cheers Wilko
AnswerID: 414268

Follow Up By: Madfisher - Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 22:25

Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 22:25
I had a similar experience but I was doing the overtaking. It was twilight and I had been following a slow vehicle for some time, gets a straight stretch nothing coming, get half way around and realise their is a charcoal xtrail coming towards me with no lights on. He braked and I stood on the anchors and managed to duck back behind the vehicle I was trying to overtake. Not good for the heart, and I always drive with my lights on now all the time.
Cheers Pete
FollowupID: 684489

Follow Up By: Kim and Damn Dog - Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 22:30

Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 22:30
Giiday

We almost had the same problem South of Gilgandra last year on the way home.

This bloke came around a sloping corner in the opposite direction and I thought the truck was going to tip with the speed he was travelling at.

I started to point the car off into the bush to prevent a collision. At the same time the mate who was following, yelled out on UHF, ‘get off the road’.

The bloke copped a fair mouthful, not only from us, but other truckies on the Highway.

Regards

Kim
FollowupID: 684493

Reply By: mickf69 - Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 22:51

Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 22:51
What has scared the living bejesus out of me ?.. i go gem fossicking at the willows gem-fields in central Queensland and this one year i was out specking and i thought i would jump down in this hole and have a look, and as i was about to jump in i saw this stick from a tree in the bottom of hole thought nothing of it until i jumped then all of a sudden it looked like a snake.

all the way down to the bottom (4 foot at most) i thought i was a gonna. funny how things freak you out.
AnswerID: 414278

Reply By: harlequin - Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 23:28

Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 23:28
Early eighties as a timber worker in northern NSW was using Sthil lightning cutting fence posts late afternoon real hot day and out in the open of a clearing. Needed to refuel so opens the hatch back and placed my old 5L plastic oil container in the back puts in 2 stroke oil and gets me 25L steel jerry can and begin to fill the plastic oil bottle. To this day I’m sure I seen a spark, but I sure as hell seen & felt this huge ball of flame that engulfed me. I dropped the steel jerry stepped back but could not see clearly all blurred then panic thoughts of explosion so I ran. I could hear my old man shouting move the car, 100m away I stopped and looked back. My dad had casually walked over drove the car 50m from the jerry, and threw a canvas tarpaulin over the fire in the back of the hatch and put it out. With the jerry can lying on its side still glugging out petrol and on fire, He then proceeded to put out the fires around the jerry, by now I had some sight back and was at his side helping to control the ensuing bush fire. Once we had a 30 m radius of burnt grass around the still burning jerry he said leave to burn out and we looked over the hatch back which was all melted inside and stunk. I had no eyebrows my hair was curly and singed and my face and eyes were stinging , he asks why I ran, I said because it was going to explode, he says who told you that I said er er er I’ve seen it on the movies?
Static electricity and the plastic bottle was constantly shaken to keep 2 stroke oil in the mix and all fuels in the back of a car out in the hot sun probably no wonder there was going to be somebody flam bayed and shows how TV influences the young and foolish.
Also lightning strike hit a 80ft iron bark 20m on my left at the edge of a clearing of our house, branches and splinters rained around me but I was flat on the floor. I will always remember the pressure wave that pushed on the whole of my body and the deafening boom that had no direction to it I am still in awe of nature half deaf and failing sight
Regards andy
AnswerID: 414285

Reply By: Muntoo - Monday, Apr 26, 2010 at 00:12

Monday, Apr 26, 2010 at 00:12
About two years ago nearly to the day, was travelling alone on a long trip. Left home fairly early and was a little tired so was going easy, when about 150kms from home, i noticed the Greyhound bus coming at me, in middle of road, still about 200 metres away so thought he must be going around a pothole or carcass or something so didnt really bother me. Wasnt until he was about 100m away and now slowly moving closer that i hit the anchors and swerved off road as far as i could. There was a big drop off so couldnt go any further, just before i come to a stop i thought i was gone as he was now heading stright for me and i had nowhere to go, it felt surreal and felt like it was taking forever, when i spotted the driver slumped over steering wheel. I lost my breath and went stiff, until i noticed a ladys mouth wide open and arms smacking her legs on passenger side of bus, just in time for the driver to awake and swerve the bus and trailer very violently across the road, he wouldnt have missed me by more then a metre head on. The trailer coming even closer as it slid behind. Gravel and dust was everywhere and i couldnt see a thing never mind breathe. Thats probably one of the scariest times i have ever experienced.

Also the time i was standing right beside a 7 foot King Brown and it reared up at me, that was enough to cleanse the bowels also.
AnswerID: 414288

Reply By: bgreeni - Monday, Apr 26, 2010 at 00:35

Monday, Apr 26, 2010 at 00:35
I was working as a diver and we were placing concrete under a concrete pier of a railway bridge. The river bottom had scoured and exposed timber piles under the pier. I wanted to make sure the concrete got to the very back corner of the wedge shaped scour so was doing the job my self. As soon as the concrete pump started all visibility disappeared.
The clue to getting good concrete was to keep the nozzle well buried in the fresh concrete and slowly back out as the cavity filled.

What I did not realise was that the concrete was flowing all around me and when I went to back out I could not move, and my regulator was also stuck. Thought I had had it. Luckily my buddy realised something was wrong and managed to drag me backwards. I lost my reg but was able to grab his spare on absolute last gasp as we got into clear water.

I nearly had this big concrete tombstone.
AnswerID: 414290

Reply By: Member - Doug T (NT) - Monday, Apr 26, 2010 at 00:54

Monday, Apr 26, 2010 at 00:54
1967 after a trip from Waikerie (home then) to Perth , Darwin and home in my 62 EK Holden I noticed a noise in the rear end , so I jacked up the rear wheel , started the engine, got under to see if I could hear if it was diff or wheel bearing, next the bloody grease nipple grabbed the left arm shirt sleeve and the the engine stalled, all this happened withing a couple of seconds, I was very lucky I put it in top gear , it pulled it that tight it made a small abrasion under the armpit , I still today shudder to think what could have been if it had been in 1st gear, never ever did that again.

still going strong with 836,179 K's

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 414291

Reply By: outsider - Monday, Apr 26, 2010 at 01:16

Monday, Apr 26, 2010 at 01:16
Was back around 1984 when I went to stay over at a school mates place, He had a 12ft bond wood boat and we decided to spend the night up the creek fishing. As late afternoon approached we bumped the boat up against the bank of a large open plane and scouted around for some fire wood. getting the fire going we settled down and had something to eat and a couple of golden ales we had smuggled along with us.
Night set in quickly as we chatted by the fire, surprisingly there was a strange hiss from the fire as if water had been dripped onto it, while we both looked puzzled by the sound of the fire something ran up behind us in the eerie blackness, It was something big, we could hear it's breath as it stopped and paced behind us with the dry salty grass crunching beneath it's every step. Suddenly there was a loud hiss and with a huge plume of steam the fire was instantly extinguished, as the last few glowing embers faded we were plunged into total dankness. Sitting frozen and silent, too petrified to move as this thing continued to pace from side to side behind us, the sound of its deep husky breath making the hair on my neck stand up. Now I am totally confused but in a moment of clarity, feeling the water on my rear end I realized the the tide had broken the bank and had quickly flooded onto the plain extinguishing the fire. Standing up and walking briskly to boat constantly listening to terrifying sound behind us as it cleared it's throat an made a deep growling sound. My mate leapt into the boat as I fumbled for the anchor and nervously uttered the first words "What the hell is that" to which he calmly replied "I dunno but it's gonna eat you first" I threw the anchor in, gave the boat a shove as it was floating at the edge of the bank and dove into the boat as fast as i could. We both sat wide eyed, staring into the blackness on the plain as the boat drifted slowly away.
Back in those days we had a Duracell durabeam lantern similar to the eveready dolphin but with a much more powerful beam. we shone the light at the bank but for as far as we could see there was nothing to be seen, what it was we will never know but it sure scared the bejesus out of us, never been back there since and not planning on returning either.
AnswerID: 414292

Reply By: Trevor R (QLD) - Monday, Apr 26, 2010 at 09:31

Monday, Apr 26, 2010 at 09:31
Hi Kim,

I was working huge hours over a long period of time and pulled up beside the road very late one night to sleep (I sleep in the car a lot when working). I was very tired when I pulled up and was woken at about 2-3AM with a bright light coming in the windscreen and a train horn blasting through the night. I got up and seen the train light coming straight in my windscreen, I thought holy crap I have parked on a train track....It's all over for me, "love you kids, love you Jude...I hope to see you in the next life" is all I said to myself. The train roared past my car about 20ft to my passenger's side. I had parked within cooee of a level crossing and about 20ft away from the track and did not even realise it. Change of undies and about 20 minutes before my heart rate had slowed enough for me to go back to sleep. Closest thing to death I have seen.

I have also had to go bush for a d#@khead who tried to overtake a truck on a crest of a hill but that was not as scarey as the train waking me up.

Cheers, Trevor.
AnswerID: 414307

Reply By: Member - Patrick (QLD) - Monday, Apr 26, 2010 at 14:25

Monday, Apr 26, 2010 at 14:25
The Mother in laws photo with the Christmas presents. It scared the living daylights out of me LOL

AnswerID: 414335

Reply By: Member - DAZA (QLD) - Monday, Apr 26, 2010 at 15:09

Monday, Apr 26, 2010 at 15:09
G/Day Kim

Being in the plumbing game, I was helping to install Underground Tanks, we just finished digging the hole with an excavator, and I was prepairing the bottom of the hole, when the side caved in on top of me, my work mates got me out and I wasn't badly injured, just bruising, every night for about a month I had Nightmares, one night I was standing on the bed screaming out and trying to climb up the wall, I left scratch marks on the wall from my finger nails.

Cheers
AnswerID: 414339

Follow Up By: Member - DAZA (QLD) - Monday, Apr 26, 2010 at 15:28

Monday, Apr 26, 2010 at 15:28
On a funnier note, I was staying in a Pub out at Roma, while working on a contract job, the Laundry Lady washed and ironed my overalls and hung them on a coat hanger on the a wall hook beside my bed, for some reason I didn't notice them when I went to bed, later on that evening I woke up in a daze and saw this shape of a person standing beside me, I sprung out of bed and punched the living daylight out of my overalls, I made that much noise I woke most of the people up in the pub.
FollowupID: 684557

Reply By: Kim and Damn Dog - Monday, Apr 26, 2010 at 17:15

Monday, Apr 26, 2010 at 17:15
As a keen supporter of overalls, I think I’ll report you to the Federal Government's Department of Overall Protection for cruelty.

Maybe a few weeks bunked down on Christmas Island will sort out you heathen attitude!

Ha ha ha ha

LOL

Regards

Kim
AnswerID: 414352

Reply By: Member - Josh J (NT) - Monday, Apr 26, 2010 at 17:28

Monday, Apr 26, 2010 at 17:28
As an 18 year old myself and a couple of mates travelled down from Toodyay to Perth to visit a couple of school budies who were doing there apprenticeships down there.
Got to their house ok only discover that they were not home, we let our self in and kicked back for quiet a few hours awaiting their return.

About 2am we decided bugger this lets go home, we jumped in the car and started making our way back to Toodyay, we were half along the Toodyay-Perth when we were all awokenby the sounds of small trees hitting the car, i had fallen a sleep whilst driving and awoke to the car doing 120km/hr through the bush off to the right of the road, i swung the car up to the left and we slid sideways across the road and ended up in some small brush on the other side with hearts pounding and plenty of profanity's.

Alot of people have been killed on that road having done the same thing, some one must have been watching over us as it was one of only a couple of sections of that road that was not lined with trees with trunks as wide as 44's.

That was my biggest scare and i have definately learnt from it.

Josh
AnswerID: 414355

Reply By: Member - evren1 (WA) - Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 17:12

Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 17:12
Working in the Med during winter 2008 off the coast of Libya.

2m seas turned to 8m in a matter of 4 hrs when a cold front from Europe did a 180 degree U turn and lined up our drilling rig. Image Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be Found
Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how popular it remains!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 414471

Follow Up By: Muntoo - Thursday, Apr 29, 2010 at 18:56

Thursday, Apr 29, 2010 at 18:56
Crikey, no thanks.

Wouldnt enjoy any of that. Why were you allowed out to get a photo?
FollowupID: 684930

Reply By: Nargun51 - Wednesday, Apr 28, 2010 at 13:48

Wednesday, Apr 28, 2010 at 13:48
My 1st car had an external sun visor. Driving along a couple of months after getting my licence I noticed a shadow flit across the windscreen, a big bang and then vision was obscured by feathers, blood and gore.

A crow had hit the visor and exploded. I had to peer through the bottom of the passenger side to come to a stop…

Totally ruined the visor and there was a hell of a mess to clean up outside…almost one inside too

I should also learn to close car windows at night…a number of big huntsmen spidera have fallen into my lap from behind the internal visor whilst driving and a bat has flown out from beneath the passenger seat and merrily flap its way around the car
AnswerID: 414588

Reply By: Alloy c/t - Wednesday, Apr 28, 2010 at 16:37

Wednesday, Apr 28, 2010 at 16:37
Daly river , my 12ft tinny with 10hp motor , me + wife and 9 yr old son , 16ft croc on sand bank less than 1boat length away, large blue/black local fishing charter boat flies past at hypersonic speed and we almost capsize ,, Fresh underwear required ,,,,
Towns River campsite , wander down to friends 10 ft punt that he has had in water for last few days , 14ft croc taken up residence overnight inside the punt ,just sitting and a waiting , just love them big lizards, NOT. lol.
AnswerID: 414601

Reply By: vk1dx - Wednesday, Apr 28, 2010 at 16:54

Wednesday, Apr 28, 2010 at 16:54
Driving slowly in heavy rain and very thick cloud through Hotham Village. I have my eye on the unbroken yellow line just to my right as I am creeping forward. Suddenly there is a cliff straight ahead. I am following the wrong line. The one I am following is the left hand road edge one. We are on track for the cliff. Throw out all anchors. We stopped just short.

I thought it was the unbroken center line.

Now that was close!!!!!!

Phil
AnswerID: 414602

Reply By: Member - Christopher P (NSW) - Thursday, Apr 29, 2010 at 09:36

Thursday, Apr 29, 2010 at 09:36
Where do i start.

18 years old, driving mt sisters car to qld from nsw, no plates on yellow sticker. Went around a corner somewhere on the way, got dazzled by truck lights sharp right hand bend, full lock right hand down, car fish tailing up the road, came to a stop 2m away from fence post.

driving along f3 freeway 2 kays north of southbound caltex, in left lane, car aquaplanes off freewat to a tree, thought i was gone,tried to correct steered into slide, hits drivers tyre got pulled out by towie, drove car to caltex, paid towie, drove to just past west gosford, car felt funny, went to work, after work went to mates place at wyoming, jacked car up one rivet out of three holding front right wheel on, trip to beaters.

driving on stockton beach heading back out thru lavis lane, following 2/3 4by's, thought bugger this, pulled out to the right, saw something funny off to right hit anchors sand flying everywhere a sand ridge, would have gone over it on drivers side and rolled.

driving on blacksmiths beach, hit a wash out with the front on far side of washout, rear end hit the other side, girl had whiplash and was complaining.

went up a road close to home damp roads, wondering why the tyres where chirping, really tired, looked at speedo 110/120 in a 60 zone.

plenty of brown stuff and stupidity.

have learnt and drive to the conditions.

i can't believe i am still alive and thank God i am still breathingand he looked after me.

AnswerID: 414669

Reply By: fisho64 - Thursday, Apr 29, 2010 at 10:25

Thursday, Apr 29, 2010 at 10:25
Kim whats happened to your thread about the perving park ranger? Got an email but clicking on the link comes up with nothing?
AnswerID: 414676

Follow Up By: Kim and Damn Dog - Thursday, Apr 29, 2010 at 18:18

Thursday, Apr 29, 2010 at 18:18
Gidday

They obviously closed the post down. No big deal. Some of the old bush humour is lost on a lot of folks these days. LOL

Regards

Kim
FollowupID: 684914

Follow Up By: ModSquad - Thursday, Apr 29, 2010 at 18:48

Thursday, Apr 29, 2010 at 18:48
G'day Kim, the post did attract a fair number of complaints from the forum users. This related to both the relevance of the post to the forum and to the content. The post was reviewed by the moderation team and found to be inappropriate due to its content.

If you need to know anything further, please don't hesitate to contact the moderation team through the email system of "alert Moderator" facility.

Regards

The moderation team.
Moderation is just rules

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 684924

Follow Up By: Kim and Damn Dog - Thursday, Apr 29, 2010 at 19:22

Thursday, Apr 29, 2010 at 19:22
ModSquad

Fair enough guys.... just telling an old bush tale as it happened. No offence meant.

I disagree with you that it’s irrelevant. If we can’t talk about the bush (long past) where does that leave our historic culture if there’s no discussion to keep it alive?

I'll treat lightly on the Lily patch from now on.......!

Anyway, my apologies if a couple of delicate folks got offended.

Regards

Kim
FollowupID: 684934

Follow Up By: fisho64 - Thursday, Apr 29, 2010 at 21:01

Thursday, Apr 29, 2010 at 21:01
This post has been read by the moderation team and has been moderated due to a breach of The Chit Chat Rule .

Forum Moderation Team
FollowupID: 684943

Follow Up By: Kim and Damn Dog - Thursday, Apr 29, 2010 at 21:11

Thursday, Apr 29, 2010 at 21:11
This post has been read by the moderation team and has been moderated due to a breach of The Personal Attacks Rule .

Forum Moderation Team
FollowupID: 684944

Follow Up By: fisho64 - Thursday, Apr 29, 2010 at 21:39

Thursday, Apr 29, 2010 at 21:39
This post has been read by the moderation team and has been moderated due to a breach of The Chit Chat Rule .

Forum Moderation Team
FollowupID: 684950

Follow Up By: fisho64 - Thursday, Apr 29, 2010 at 21:40

Thursday, Apr 29, 2010 at 21:40

Forum Moderation Team
FollowupID: 684951

Follow Up By: Kim and Damn Dog - Thursday, Apr 29, 2010 at 22:03

Thursday, Apr 29, 2010 at 22:03

Forum Moderation Team
FollowupID: 684953

Follow Up By: fisho64 - Thursday, Apr 29, 2010 at 22:08

Thursday, Apr 29, 2010 at 22:08

Forum Moderation Team
FollowupID: 684956

Reply By: Fatso - Friday, Apr 30, 2010 at 19:48

Friday, Apr 30, 2010 at 19:48
Cancer
AnswerID: 414894

Follow Up By: petengail - Monday, May 10, 2010 at 16:34

Monday, May 10, 2010 at 16:34
amen to that
FollowupID: 686206

Reply By: petengail - Monday, May 10, 2010 at 16:33

Monday, May 10, 2010 at 16:33
my near miss... i was in the navy at the time, at hmas lonsdale in port melbourne - though we lived in a squalid flat in st kilda (5 guys lots of parties). well it was sunday evening, we ran out of grog. i volunteered to drive down to the base, about 5 klms away for more. took the mates car he was too p....sd to drive. going around albert park (now a racing track) the car, in the rain refused to go around a corner... i hit a tree head on... the motor came back through and finished in the back seat. i opened the door with my head and went out somehow and slid down the road on my back. i can close my eyes today and still see the oncoming traffic going around me. how i have made it past 60 makes me wonder. no wonder more females are born than men... helps keep up the numbers....
AnswerID: 416128

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (14)