Waypoint Symbols-OziExplorer

I've created a lot of waypoints but am struggling to find a suitable symbol to depict them on the map with. One that stands out against the map colours. Is someone able to enlighten me on how I can create my own symbols fo use with Oziexplorer Waypoints please?

WBS
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: bgreeni - Monday, May 03, 2010 at 23:12

Monday, May 03, 2010 at 23:12
From OziE Help file

When I add the symbols to the symbols directory in OziExplorer they do not appear in the symbol selection for Waypoints.

The symbols are only for use by Map Features. The symbols used by the waypoints are fixed to match those available in your GPS and cannot be altered by the user.
AnswerID: 415284

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Tuesday, May 04, 2010 at 07:02

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 at 07:02
Even though you can only choose from a list of symbols, you can add a description and change the colours to make the waypoints stand out more.

Simply right click on the required waypoint and select properties.
Then add/change a description, select a different symbol, or change the colour of the symbol.

Bill.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 415290

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Tuesday, May 04, 2010 at 10:57

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 at 10:57
One way to make the waypoints more obvious is to link them into a route which shows up in various colours on your moving map. Makes navigation using moving map much easier.

Cheers
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 415316

Sponsored Links