Pajero 1993 Engine Oil Cooler Hose

Submitted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 at 14:10
ThreadID: 78241 Views:6125 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,

I just purchased my first ever 4wd vehicle 1993 Pajero GLS v6 petrol engine-Manual trans,all electrics with Full Service History.

Good Points:
It has done 237,000kms mainly in city areas and hadn’t done any off-road activity as per the last owner. It had new engine replaced at 220000kms in March2009 with new radiator, timing belt, clutch kit, water pump, harmonic balancer and new genuine speed control unit, etc related to the engine job. In December 2008 prior to new engine replacement it had gone thru major servicing and as per the records list of items are: rear rotor disk and pads, power steering flush and service, front sway bar link bushes, new fuel filter, drain and refill gearbox, transfer box, rear & front diffs, carbon clean, brake fluid replaced including bleeding of entire system, fit new drive belts, pulleys and bearings, new air filter and major service for 6 cylinder. Its a responsive motor with responsive transmission no problem in acceleration. Gurus, How you rate the 4Wd per above description? Is this deal good or bad?

Bad Points:
While driving I felt significant vibration at speed of 90/110km before stopping in emergency lane but later on I resumed driving that vibration was gone and car was 90% smooth. I have been told by previous owner that they were not using this car and most of the time it was parked in their driveway. Is this reason of vibration true? 4 almost new tyres are on it.

When I bought this I did notice oil leak in engine bay but I didn’t find its origin which I only found out yesterday that it is leaking from the bottom Engine Oil cooler feeder and return hose, I’m not sure about oil pump leakage at this stage. Also My question to you gurus: how much I should be looking to pay for this type of work (ball park estimate figure)? Who will be able to help in South West region of WA? Also what other things I have to take into consideration to maintain its smooth working order? Is it normal to have vibration on 4WD? Should I go for wheel alignment? I have inquired auto part shops and Mitsubishi dealer and none of them have these hoses.
I appreciate your response and help.

Thanks.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Honky - Wednesday, May 05, 2010 at 14:48

Wednesday, May 05, 2010 at 14:48
Recommend you join the following forum

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/

They should be able to help
Honky
AnswerID: 415511

Reply By: Member - Donks1 (NSW) - Wednesday, May 05, 2010 at 15:13

Wednesday, May 05, 2010 at 15:13
G'day Rab

The hoses are not currently available from Mitsu but can be orddered ex Japan... About $70 - $80 each. Bit of a job to do but shouldn't cost too much.
Vibration sounds like a tyre issue, balance maybee. try swapping front to rear and side to side & see if that makes a difference.

Cheers Steve
AnswerID: 415517

Reply By: rab2008 - Wednesday, May 05, 2010 at 17:11

Wednesday, May 05, 2010 at 17:11
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, i have tried pajero club but my account hasn't been enabled for some reason. Anyway i will give it another try.

Thanks.
AnswerID: 415528

Reply By: rab2008 - Wednesday, May 05, 2010 at 17:24

Wednesday, May 05, 2010 at 17:24
Hi,

I will take it to Tyre shop next week for Wheel alignment and see how it goes. As for Hose Enzed can replace these hose, Mobile Hose Repairer(this one is in Brisbane and Sydney They do all types of hoses including all brake lines metal and rubber, air con hoses, power steering, hydraulic hoses also. Mobile# 0488 793 302) I got this extract from some forum which i can't remember but I'm placing here so that other members can be benefited.

Thanks.
AnswerID: 415531

Follow Up By: nowimnumberone - Wednesday, May 05, 2010 at 17:47

Wednesday, May 05, 2010 at 17:47
i just did of them hoses for a customer couldnt get genuine one so got enzed to make one around $50 bit fidly to do but not hard
cheers
FollowupID: 685625

Sponsored Links